A newer version (2023.08.30-5.15.38) with new design for the Explorer screens was sent to Open Testing.
Hi there. Our new Open Testing (version 5.15) is out. Thanks everyone for participation (How to join? , Don’t have the app? ).
With this update we are continuing our redesign of the Mapillary application with a new design for Explorer screen.
- Explorer screen design
- Image reporting in the options menu
- Option to enable following user location on Explorer
- New filter for coloring captures by age ( yellow - older then 2 years, red - older then 4 years)
- Persist the map location when age coloring is activated
- FIx not showing of the yet to be uploaded sequences
If you have any questions, or suggestions - please report them here.
cc: @Yaro @boris
There is one thing that is quite annoying and that is that when you activate the function to see the age of the sequences and deactivate it again, the screen aligns with your location without any sense
Thank you for your feedback. We’ll try to address that issue.
Hello, another possible error is that sequences that have not yet been uploaded are not shown in blue on the map, as it does in previous versions.
Thanks for reporting. Working on it. A new Open Testing release, in a few days, will address the issue.
Thank you, you’re doing an awesome work guys
I am not sure is it new feature or not, clock icon that change colour for old and new images.
What is time range for green, orange and yellow?
Thanks for the report. @jvujnovic what do you say?
Hi @zufir, I understand your confusion, we’ll talk to our designer to try and address this.
For now here is the explanation of colors:
Green - under 2 years
Yellow - older then 2, under 4 years
Red - older then 4 years
Hi @Albergarri788 we just released the update to open testing (5.15.42), hopefully you’ll find the reported bugs fixed.
Since the last two updates, my app regularly gives me an error message telling me to rotate the camera to landscape. However, as you can see from the screenshot, the camera is already in landscape.
Also, the app is automatically set to anonymous analysis. I would like to be able to decide if I want to share analytics and not have to turn them off every time I update the app.
Hi @Lowiekse, thanks for the feedback. So first of all, both are mistakes on our end, and we will fix them.
- Analytics has to be disabled after the update if you’ve disabled it already.
- Screen rotation - that’s another mistake somewhere in the code. Probably we (unintentionally) locked the screen as (I see in the image) the UI thinks that it’s in portrait despite you are keeping it in the landscape. Even though we’re in the process of updating our UX (within the following few months) this one we will prioritize to prevent this annoying issue.
@Lowiekse a new open testing 5.15.44 was pushed (should be available soon, depends on Play Market). Both mentioned issues are addressed in there.
Top, Thx for the quick fix.
Thanks for the report @Lowiekse - if you have a moment, we’d appreciate your rating of the Mapillary app in the Play Store
@Yaro Unfortunately, the camera position problem is still present in version 5.15.44.
@boris I have already rate this app on the Play Store. See my updated review from 11 February 2023
Thanks for reporting. Interestingly I had a same problem, but it looks like solved on my device. How often do you face with this problem?
5.15.45 seems to solve the issue
I had the problem every time I started the app.