Extension of the upload date period to the past

I uploaded photos taken in 1906.

The EXIF had the correct date on which the image was taken.
I was expecting that date to appear in the date field at the bottom right of Mapillary Web, but contrary to that expectation, that field shows the date I uploaded.

I believe that if the correct date of 1906 is displayed in this field, it will not confuse web viewers.
By all means, please improve so that the date obtained from the date and time information of EXIF is displayed in this column.

The following article summarizes how to obtain the photos :

1 Like

誰も興味が無いようですので、私が再度追加の実験をしました。

現在のMapillaryで扱える写真の日付は、1970年程度までだと判明しました。

内部では「UNIX時間」の日付フォーマットで管理しているのですね。
ということは、あと18年後の2038年にはまた、日付が釣り扱いできなくなるのかもね。
あ、私が生まれた日の写真を載せることも不可だなあ。

上記のURLの近傍には、1900年~2019年までの日付を割り振った写真を貼り付けています。
1970年以降の写真では、その日付が表示されています。

1969年以前の日付を設定した写真にはアップロード日が表示されています。

また、日付が遠いと、座標が隣接していても別のシーケンスに分断されてしまうようです。

I don’t know if the following is useful or valid.

When GPS systems came out they were referenced to the epoch date/time of 1/1/1980. Since Mapillary makes use of GPS data it may be that the “out of range” date had confused the software. It may have defaulted to using the upload date if it saw the GPS date as invalid.

2 Likes

Thank you for the valuable information.

I understand that my experiment is stupid. But I couldn’t stop my urge.
And since the video owner agreed with my actions, I’m thinking of uploading more information like this.

Normal users will not upload 1970s photos.
I plan to upload these early 20th century photos to Mapillary 75 years after the actual shooting date.

1 Like

This is related to the logging tool we use that no longer supports negative epochs. Negative epochs would be required for dates before 1970.

@peter do you know if some of the backend changes underway will make it possible to support historical imagery like this?

2 Likes