Editing video while keeping EXIF

Hello, I am new to Mapillary and would like to start submitting my dashcam footage which contains location data. Does anyone know how I can edit the video without stripping the EXIF location data? Specifically, I would like to trim the start and end of the videos and completely remove the audio. All of the video editors that I’ve tried seem to strip the EXIF location data when viewed with exiftool.

Thanks!

It’s probably easiest to upload the videos without editing, and then you can delete the part of the sequence that you don’t want to keep on Mapillary.

There is also a paid video editor at https://videogeoeditor.com/ which claims to support video editing with exif/telemetry data, but I haven’t tried it. Another alternative might be to extract the gps data with exiftool, and then trim the exif and the video separately and then re-combine them again with exiftool.

I don’t see options for editing part of sequence, when using Desktop Uploder. I’m uploading files from Viofo A119v3.
Maybe You can implement options of editing imported files (like trim). This editor You mentioned costs 25$ a month, when buying annual subscription :confused:

Yes, that’s right, we don’t yet have a feature for editing a part of a sequence, but we appreciate the feature request! As a workaround for now it’s probably easiest to upload the videos without editing, and then you can delete the part of the sequence that you don’t want to keep on Mapillary after the upload.

ok, how long it takes from deletion submit to actual deletion?
I know that for sequence it’s up to two weeks, but for single photo?

@adalvit - how frequently does the deletion pipeline run for single images?

The process is the same and it’s scheduled to run weekly. We have improvements in that area that will make the system behave more timely, we should be able to deploy them by the middle of December.