Cannot access Mapillary photo storage on Android device via USB

Hello,

As of August 2021, there is no apparent way to access Mapillary photo storage on the Android device (via USB cable).

Details:

• Mapillary Android app version 5.0.5
  • Operating system: Android 10 QPIS30.73-33-9
  • Phone model: Motorola One Fusion+ (XT2067-1)

Please let me know if a solution for this exists (without rooting the phone).

Best regards,
Răzvan

2 Likes

At the moment, this is not possible.
(On iOS, this is still possible…)

1 Like

That so sad… :relieved::hushed:
I need to upload 10K photos (64 sequences) from my old Mapillary (v3.179) version, where upload don’t work.
I wana try to found where locate photo folder in Android…/ …Mapillar_2 (v5.0.2), but cannot found :sob:

10K photos waiting to upload.
I dont want to use PC uploadre etc… these are wery slowly and need tos spend so much time…

I want to movo these 10K photos from old Mapillary to new Mapillar 5.0.2 folder and upload all photos.

1 Like

Mapillary decides on our photos for privacy, they say. But as long as the photos are on my device, they are mine and the responsibility for privacy rests with me. However, Mapillary believes it should block downloading from my device to a computer for my own use. As long as Mapillary doesn’t change this, I won’t contribute anymore.

4 Likes

Facebook buying Mapillary just ruins everything! :unamused:

3 Likes

It’s laughable that Facebook, famous (or rather, infamous) for tracking and logging users’ activities online (even when not using their app or service), is suddenly so concerned about privacy!!

5 Likes

I think we are reading this the wrong way around. I think it is to protect Mapillary/Facebooks privacy. Maybe they are storing lots of extra information while we are taking photos, and they don’t want us to find out about it.

Because, as everyone agrees, this can’t have anything to do with our own privacy, or that of the people in our photographs. If it was, the various privacy groups would not allow us access to our own photos in other apps either.

3 Likes

I have the same problem too. Where i am now i cannot upload photos via Wi-Fi and i have the Android smarphone almost full of Mapillary pictures (50 GB).
It’s a mess

It was very useful when i copied the folders on my laptop and I emptied my smartphone in order to be ready for new mapping activities. It seems not possible anymore.

3 Likes

Same here on LAOS 11 Sony phone with 3.174. Come on, I can’t upload and I cant move the photos to my PC for manual upload???

How can I continue to contribute?

1 Like
3 Likes

Any APK for non Google Android users?

Does this mean it’s also possible to access the pictures themselves on the phone? If so, where can we find them, where are they stored (also in case the phone only has internal memory)? I tried to find them, but couldn’t in a first attempt.

@Loek Currently, this version only supports accessing images within SD card. We’re exploring to add this feature but it is not possible at the moment.

Thanks, I’m looking forward to also have that option.

1 Like

Hi!

The same question from me: where can I find the photos on the phone? I’ve installed app version 5.1.0 on my phone, but can’t find the photos or any settings about that. Can you help me, please.

Alternative: Can you (or anyone else) point me to another app to record photos in the same way? I’ve tried “Open Camera” which offers some features but not all (no stop when standing still,…).

gzin from Austria.

Finally! Now that I can access the recordings myself, I will start contributing to Mapillary again.

1 Like

How does it work? Where can I find something in the gui?

I’d like to take pictures with another app and upload with the desktop uploader. Upload works but I’m still searching for a good photo app. Any suggestions?

Mapillary App 5.3.7.2; Android 10; Galaxy S9

I cannot get Mapillary to store images on the microSD.
I cannot see any (recent) Mapillary images on the phone from the file explorer on the phone nor from Windows (when connected by USB cable)
I also have experienced twice that an entire sequence became un-uploadable (the App says "The sequence has been converted for processing … " but the upload does not work)

What’s going on?