Cannot access Mapillary photo storage on Android device via USB

@voschix Thanks for reporting this issue.

Mapillary App 5.3.7.2 supports storing images into SD card. I’ll check this out with our Android Developer. Do you see any prompt message when you try to save your images to SD card? If you can share screen-recording to the support, it might be helpful to debug this issue.

Mapillary App does not support accessing imagery when the phone is connected via USB. You can only access images by inserting your SD card into your PC.

I’d recommend you to log out from your account and login again before re-uploading them, this should help.

@asturksever
An update:
I managed to access Mapillary data (as in the old days) on the microSD of my Galaxy s9 from my Windows 10 computer.
I can do so via USB cable connection without moving the microSD to the computer.
BUT it works only on a virgin microSD card. It does not work with my older microSD card that also had some older-version Mapillary data on it. In actual fact I could not set the image storage to the card in the that case.
I only now realize that the switch to enable SD card recording was shown not to work (attached screenshot 1), but on the fresh card it shows the successful switch (screenshot 2)

Would be a good idea to document that behaviour on the Mapillary web presence.

1 Like

Note that the UI is quite broken here. On my phone, that toggle also is gray. However, I don’t know if that means it’s disabled, because I can still toggle it off, and it stays gray! I can then toggle the gray button on again, with the app asking me for confirmation if I want to save to the SD card. I haven’t confirmed there to check what happens, out of fear it may delete existing images on the SD card. (The app is so unpredictable in places, that I wouldn’t be surprised if it did that.)

My interpretation: the toggle switch works, but if the SDcard is not available or accessible for whatever reason it defaults to the phone memory. I guess that there is a problem with the files Mapillary leaves behind on the memory card, even when you have downloaded the images.

Is there any other way to obtain images obtained via Android without USB? For example, can you download it after uploading?