Will I be able to download my data after uploading?

I haven’t used Mapillary for 2 years. I am using the Android app again overseas. I heard that we can no longer access the images in Files without root. I’m interested in acessing the images and track data for integration with OpenStreetMaps, as well as for personal use. Will I be able to download this data from Mapillary after uploading?

I also have lots of images from 2 years ago on a hard drive. I had to transfer it from my phone to my computer as the phone did not have enough storage, and I did not have enough internet data for uploading overseas. Will I be able to upload these?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Spot there hasn’t been an initial reply in five days , could be that all are on holidays?

Please feel free to stop me anytime when I misunderstood your question.

1/ one can access Mapillary images for editing OpenStreetMap in several ways : via Mapillary , or by enabling the Mapillary layer in the iD or JOSM editors ;
on the app page one can filter by contributor name and date range - which would allow to only view your pics during a particular visit ; in iD one can filter by date range - set a close interval, and you’re likely to mainly view images you took.

2/ downloading images for personal use : on the mapillary/app page, pick the picture you want to download, on the right hand side there’s a grey dot with three dots ( … ) : click that, then the green bar with ‘Download image’ : the image will be scaled, to like 2000pix, and the blurs remain in place , recall Mapillary retains un-blurred pics for a few days - in case they blurred too much , and you might be able to (just never needed to … ) download those unblurred while logged in.

3/ the track will be apparent from the time-lapse pic dots? Otherwise view your fitness app.

4/ uploading from ‘hard disk’ or ‘external storage’ can be done with the Command Line Uploader - also called ‘Mapillary_Tools’ , which runs on Python - there are threads on setting this up in the forum , and instructions on the Mapillary site, too, and notes on the Github page , once set up just copy paste a sentence into for example Windows’ Command Prompt app.

Met vriendelijke groet (Dutch for ‘with friendly greeting’),

Thank you very much for the helpful reply. I’m interested in downloading a whole sequence, as well as the .gpx track file after uploading. I think (4) is the best in this case.

Once I set the storage location to an external SD card, I can see the images as well as the .gpx file (not possible if set to internal storage). I haven’t tried uploading these so I’m not sure if Mapillary will delete it from the SD card after uploading from the app, but I can always back it up prior to upoading.

Thanks again.

The Command Line Uploader = Python (+ pip = updater) = Mapillary_Tools on Github will add information to the photo while processing before uploading, and leaves the files on the SD-card after uploading ; copying the photos to an SD-card leaves the ‘originals’ unaltered where they are stored…
Best,