What's your vote for the most remote sequence on Mapillary?

What’s your vote for the most remote sequence on Mapillary? @bob3bob3 must definitely be up there. Few people have seen more of Australia than he has.

I’m sure this is not even the most remote sequence of his. Of course you could measure this question in many ways, but curious how people interpret it.

3 Likes

May I compete?

The nearest significant city (Mahajanga) is only 200 km away but with only unpaved roads and two ferries (10 km and 1 km resp.) to cross rivers i.e. one and an half day travel.

3 Likes

Only a single image but abcmaps is quite remote in this instance

Objectively not far from civilisation, but it felt very remote being here: Mapillary

1 Like

Or this one

But without satellite, it is hard to verify.

1 Like

Nice! I wish they captured more haha.

Yuck, to be deleted.

Cool. What took you to Madagascar?

Beautiful part of the world.

Cave exploring:

https://blog.crei.ffspeleo.fr/?p=445

Now with 124 km of surveyed galleries.

That user has other images from that same highway scattered around the globe. I found one just like it before in Greenland.

The question is : "When will it be possible to delete ? "

1 Like

I must say that I felt quite alone in this area…
Mapillary

1 Like

This thread has prompted me to add some images from a trip I did about a decade ago to Macquarie Island in the sub antarctic. More images to follow.

2 Likes

Woah! I have always wanted to go there, but it’s not easy to do.
Were you on a research expedition there?

I love that the penguin faces are blurred.

I was lucky enough to get on a resupply voyage for 14 days. Very short notice trip and spent about 8 days on the island with a couple of colleagues replacing some tourism infrastructure!!

1 Like