Websites that use Mapillary

Hi,
I am considering using Mapillary for a project to show street images beside a map (as an alternative to google street view). Before doing so I wanted to see examples of websites using the Mapillary like this, but I haven’t really found a lot of cases.

Could you share any websites that use Mapillary in this way?

Thanks!

There is a GeoGuessr plugin that uses Mapillary, that’s the only website that uses it that I know, even then, it’s not native, it’s a third-party integration
From what I remember, for some time the free version of GeoGuessr only used Mapillary, and natively this time, but players absolutely hated playing GeoGuessr with Mapillary.
Edit : For the plugin, it’s quite cumbersome actually, if you want to do it, here’s the steps, it takes like 5-10 minutes :
0) Download an old version of Google Chrome, like Chrome 100

1. Go to GitHub - juancarlospaco/geoguessrnim: GeoGuessr browser plugin, hide Ads, Filters for StreetView and Mapillary for Chromium and Firefox and download the source code
  2. Extract the .zip file
  3. Download the nim programming language : Windows installation - Nim Programming Language
  4. In Windows, type “path” and press enter
  5. Press “Modify system environnement variables” or something like that
  6. Select PATH and press Modify
  7. In Windows Explorer, go where you extracted the .zip file, go to the “bin” folder and copy the path leading to that folder
  8. In the system variables thing, press “New”, and paste what you copied, then apply
  9. In Windows Search, type “cmd” and enter “nim js -d:danger index.nim” (without the quote marks)
  10. In Chrome, press the 3 dots in the top right, go to “More tools” and “Extensions”
  11. Enable developer mode
  12. Go to “Load Unpacked”
  13. Go to where you have extracted the .zip file and select it
  14. Restart the browser, and go to GeoGuessr Free - GeoGuessr
  15. Normally, in the top right corner, you’ll see a list of options, and select the Mapillary one
1 Like

Some good examples are OSM editors on OpenStreetMap and Rapid as you can also check the source code on GitHub (GitHub - openstreetmap/iD: 🆔 The easy-to-use OpenStreetMap editor in JavaScript. and GitHub - facebook/Rapid: The OpenStreetMap editor driven by open data, AI, and supercharged features).

1 Like