Upside down images on iOS app

Hi all

I just installed the app on my spare iPhone (iPhone 6) with iOS 11.4 and the latest version of the app from the app store (4.8.18).

I mounted the phone on my windscreen holder with the phone turned sideway to the left (i.e. the Home button is on the right side on landscape mode). On the app screen, I see the road ahead of me in correct orientation.

I started my drive and started the app to start capturing. At the end of the drive, when I opened Uploads page I see that all the images are upside down (i.e. orientated 180 degrees).

I don’t have the problem when I’m using the app on my iPhone X (with same version of app and iOS) with the phone placed in same landscape orientation.

Help??

Was this a single occurrence or is this happening all the time? I’ve seen this on iOS6 a few times, but usually that has happened after rotating the phone and has corrected itself shortly afterwards.

1 Like

This happens all the time on my iPhone6. The view I see on the app screen is the right way round but only when you view the images afterwards in the Uploads pages that you see them upside down.

So now I place the phone the other way round (i.e. the Home button on the left-side) with the app open. What happens is that the UI on the app is upside down, with the red record button on the left of the screen (see photo in the link below). When I capture a sequence that way, I see that the images come out the right way round on the Uploads page.

Weird.

В Андроид-приложении такое тоже случается. А если задать фиксированный угол взгляда на 45 градусов, то перевернутой может стать вся последовательность.

A surprisingly readable Google translate of the previous post:

In the Android application, this also happens. And if you set a fixed angle of view at 45 degrees, then the whole sequence can become inverted.

1 Like

I would give a link to such a sequence, but I am in the habit of deleting a marriage.
Understand the translation literally.

Да, сложные вещи лучше писать на родном языке.

Tell me what to do with this sequence. Mapillary
I sent the report to the mail, however … Windows Explorer 7 normally displays the sequence files. My interviewees at whatsapp and vk.com also get them inverted.
I do not want to create a separate topic)

Hey @man_from_barnaul – Where did you try to contact us about this? I don’t believe I’ve gotten anything from you in the support queue.

In the future if this happens, you can submit any requests for rotations here: Rotation requests of Mapillary sequences

I will submit the one you mentioned above now. Thanks!

Sent to support@mapillary.com. thanks for link.I didn’t know her

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I handle support@mapillary.com, so it’s strange I didn’t find your email. Could you send me another email so I can see if I get that one? I want to make sure there isn’t something preventing your emails from coming in.

Thanks!

Maybe I send reports too often there …) One moment …

Urgh! I forgot that I raised this problem over 2 years ago and still there’s no fix/solution to it.

So, I forgot that this issue still existed and 2 weeks ago I was travelling in Northern Ireland and decided to use my iPhone 6 to capture images, and guess what, they came out upside down.

So I should upload the images as they are and then sent a link in provided by @Brenna with a sequence ID? Is this still the correct procedure?

Yes can you please send sequences iDs to support@mapillary.com. We can rotate them for you.
But of course we need to work out why this is happening on iPhone 6.