Unusual sightings in Mapillary photos

a close call!
(ps: the web ui navigation on that road is so broken)

On the right side of the road you can see the headstone for a single, solitary grave. I was curious, so I pulled onto the side road to take a look. Needam Rogers died on March 18, 1871. I did a little digging (no, not in the grave! on the Internets!), and found some info on Ancestry.com from people claiming to be descendants/relatives, who say that he was buried on his farm. I guess some time after that, the family sold the farm and moved, because his wife is buried in Alabama.

2 Likes

This crane on the road is recognised as several things.

1 Like

I was looking @jacktherippers post & saw this image it was on highway 411 between kingston & cartersville kinda want to know what happened here lol

2 Likes

We may not want to know. :wink:

1 Like

He’s fleeing zombies. Or meth addicts. Same thing, really. :rofl:

3 Likes

A pigeon killed and thrown in the air by a speeding van.

reminds me of that gsv sequence going round lately, with a hare

This isn’t really unusual around here, but it’s the first time I’ve seen it so explicitly stated:

This one belongs to @skillsy
Not so unusual to see a snake in Australia, but pretty scary when it is a Tiger Snake and almost under your bicycle wheel.

Not terribly unusual, perhaps there is a separate thread for other imagery vehicles captured? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

haha nice catch. :slight_smile: There may be a separate thread but it seems appropriate enough here.

drunk people

girl seeing a smartphone photographing, covers her face

man looking for valuable artifacts

sadness overcame teens in the wrong place

attacking mosquitoes

1 Like

GPS doesn’t work in caves, but I did my best positioning all the images manually and I think SfM understood my work :wink:

Walk through the caves of Moidons (Jura France) !

3 Likes

If you click on the ground forward arrow, you will see a beautiful four star transition.
Does that transition exist in presention software ? I do not see it in Libreoffice Impress.

1 Like

Last weekend I was caught by another mapillary contributer (@AnkEric ):

Caught them as well:

3 Likes

mapping/capturing density in NL is amazing

@ligfietser: Interesting, did you (or your camera) fix the pitch, or did Mapillary?

What do you mean with fixing the pitch?

@ligfietser, With the image of ankeric I could see that the angle of your Insta360 ONE is about 45 degrees (and not vertical). But the horizon of the image is quite good, so the pitch has been corrected:

rollpitchyaw

I was wondering at which point that happend

1 Like