Unable to upload: The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records

Uploads with mapillary_tools now completely fail.

<Code>InvalidAccessKeyId</Code><Message>The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records.</Message>

What happened?

1 Like

Have the same since Friday, no response from support.

Just responded. @Richlv can you try adding --rerun to the end of your script and confirm whether that fixes it.

Sadly no - neither --rerun nor deleting the whole .mapillary subdirectory helped; I also deleted all the files in %USERPROFILE%/.config/mapillary and re-authenticated, but still no success with the upload.

I had the same problem.
So I updated the mapillary_tools (I use .exe), and now it works fine.
–Edit–
Oops, another problem occured. One sequence upload is fine, but it fails when second sequence uploading starts.

Using upload session *****
Uploading 1. sequence with 5 threads
Traceback (most recent call last):===========================] 100.0% ... 0 images left..
  File "mapillary_tools", line 76, in <module>
  File "mapillary_tools\commands\upload.py", line 49, in run
  File "mapillary_tools\upload.py", line 108, in upload
  File "mapillary_tools\uploader.py", line 828, in upload_file_list_manual
  File "site-packages\requests\models.py", line 940, in raise_for_status
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://a.mapillary.com/v3/me/uploads/*****/closed?client_id=*****
[58152] Failed to execute script mapillary_tools

Thank you for the reply, @eneerhut.
Unfortunately, same as @countzero5, adding “–rerun” did not help (it might eventually result in duplicate images being uploaded, as 165 pending images in the current sequence jumped to 280).

@tankaru, glad it works for you - unfortunately, I’m stuck with some older copy of mapillary_tools. It fails to update, as it does not work with Python 3.

Python 3 support has been asked several years ago starting with please provide scripts that are Python 3.x compatible · Issue #227 · mapillary/mapillary_tools · GitHub , but has not arrived yet.

It seems the same issue with this thread. And no solution is provided for now.
http://mapillary.trydiscourse.com/t/error-in-uploading-images/4167

Was able to upgrade mapillary_tools now.

After a successful upgrade (yay) got “Error, user authentication failed”.
Removed Mapillary config, re-authenticated - got an exception.

user_name = first_image["user_name"]
KeyError: 'user_name

Added --rerun and finally it works.
Rrrrreally missing a public bugtracker :slight_smile:

@Richlv How old was your “old” version? I remember this kind of failure about a year ago that required reauth and -rerun so am concerned. I don’t have the energy (battery/solar) to rerun all my images

Tnx

Thanks for confirming that the update to latest mapillary_tools worked tankaru. @countzero5 can you confirm whether you’re running the latest version of mapillary_tools?

Python 3 support is not likely to come soon, so 2.7 is required for the time being until we move to a new suite of upload tools.

Ultimately this issue was cause by security improvements on our side which impacted mapillary_tools.

The Windows binary linked to from Github still is 0.5.0:

Downloads\mapillary_tools.exe --version

Mapillary tools version : 0.5.0

Which still does not work. If there is a newer version, maybe link to it?

So I then went through the (small) headache of installing the 0.5.2 python script, and this indeed does work. For various reasons, I would prefer a build of mapillary_tools.exe , though. Any chance to get this, or did I miss it?

@eneerhut Ed would you please confirm if there were server security key/changes after about 17-19th July? (The date of my last successful upload)

Tnx

The latest commit was on the 21st of July. If you’ve cloned mapillary_tools via HTTPS or SSH, you should be fine, but it appears those using one of the binaries are still encountering issues.

This is something I am still working to confirm.

Confirming python2 setup.py install will be needed to get the latest version number at present.

1 Like

I keep getting

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Scripts\mapillary_tools", line 76, in <module>
    command.run(args)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\lib\site-packages\mapillary_tools\commands\process_and_upload.py", line 162, in run
    upload(**({k: v for k, v in vars_args.iteritems()
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\lib\site-packages\mapillary_tools\upload.py", line 110, in upload
    params, idx, number_threads, max_attempts)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\lib\site-packages\mapillary_tools\uploader.py", line 795, in upload_file_list_manual
    session.raise_for_status()
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\lib\site-packages\requests\models.py", line 940, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://a.mapillary.com/v3/me/uploads?client_id=MkJKbDA0bnZuZlcxeTJHTmFqN3g1dzo1YTM0NjRkM2EyZGU5MzBh

with 0.5.2 - the stuff I captured today uploaded fine, but my batch from the 24th seems to die after a few sequences.

This is really annoying. I spend more time trying to upload images than capturing them.

Add --rerun for that directory, does it help?

Just restarting without --rerun fixed it, but it took 4 or 5 attempts.

@eneerhut does this mean there is no backward compatibility that includes v0.5.0? I am trying to upload 600k odd pre-processed images that now have the “The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records.”

No unfortunately v0.5.0 will not work. You’ll need to upgrade to v0.5.3.

Well that about scraps the last few months work. I cannot reprocess. From a project management standpoint it might have been a good idea to provide readable/useful warning and leadtime rather than just changing code willy nilly.

3 Likes