Unable to upload: The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records

This seems to be a side-effect of the reduced communication ever since the closing of the public issue trackers.
Developers might save a bit of time on communication, but they likely lose a lot of time on back-n-forth, and everybody else (Mapillary support people, congtributors) loses time and resources.
Perhaps somebody is only tracking developer-minutes, oblivious to the negative overall effect :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if I agree with that. Every code change should consider the impact on the current system, including those that use it. That’s a work-flow method management issue. The check-list should have a bold print item “advise all users when the change is to be implemented” and “how long will old versions work if left unchanged”. The Devs don’t have to back-n-forth to the users, just announce it.

In its simplest form this could be done through the GitHub merge announcements. The recent 0.5.2/0.5.3 releases should have pointed out that they matched non back compatible server changes.

3 Likes

Sounds great - just to clarify, with “lose a lot of time on back-n-forth” I meant the current situation. A change is made, something breaks in a confusing way, users complain, support people relay some of that to devs, devs are confused now…