This is a suggestion – hopefully easy to implement - which would significantly enhance workflow.
After uploading an individual photo to Mapillary, the user should have the ability to write notes in a free text box and then request an email with a unique identifier which would allow anyone with this identifier (not just the taker of the photo) to obtain the photo image_key once the photo has been processed and validated. The text notes, should not be stored by Mapillary. They are just for the mapper.
This would be the enhanced workflow:
- A mapper, goes to a fountain,monument, storefront, etc and snaps a picture.
- He/she uploads the picture to Mapillary.
- Button for option to receive email receipt is pushed
- Mapper enters text in free text box : e.g. OSM node XXXYYY, fountain in Marseille near bistrot,
- Email received with link and free text
- Link when clicked before processing … response is not available.
- Link after processing … response is the image_key.