Picture orientation problem

Having the same problems right now :frowning: I took 4 sequences and the first is completely good but the last three are rotated.

Have a look here in the app.

Should I upload them now or what should I do?

I have the same issue.
OnePlus3
The app turns the camera 180Ā° but pictures are stored and uploaded upside down.

Sequences:

Greetings

@aa_blaablaa you can upload and send us links to the sequences that need to be rotated (I noted down the ones you mentioned in another thread). @bop3 Iā€™ve listed yours as well.

Weirdā€¦ rotated picture issue returned on me on this whole entire sequenceā€¦ I was using v2.37 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 @katrin

https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=30.4973921&lng=-87.1893763&z=17&pKey=rw5R6Bt7l7cGLMS2i6M4HA&focus=photo

@rsahlin is continuing to look into this and weā€™ll be fixing the sequences manually for now. Hope to solve this issue soon!

Hi @Caboosey - sorry to hear the pictures were rotated.

I notice that this is the 90 degree rotation problem referenced here:
https://github.com/mapillary/mapillary_issues/issues/1925

Could you please update that issue with your logs from the faulty capture?

Best regards

Hi @aa_blaablaa

Sorry to hear the sequences were rotated!
Yes, please upload the sequences so I can investigate, @katrin will see to that the sequences are manually rotated.
The issues are rotated 90 degrees, please add link to uploaded issues here:
https://github.com/mapillary/mapillary_issues/issues/1925
If you do not have a GitHub account please let me know!

Also, please go into 'Feed and select ā€˜Send debug logsā€™, this will hopefully give me some information.

Best regards
/Richard

After a while I am having some sequences rotated again:
rXT4y5ChDq_tkLpvR2qEEg
ThyCUSDbLX7qZCBSoB92Xg
m1FyG-qivfw_0V6PUau0KA
iGuWZ6H1aRZQbWa4u9QlNg
maGVCFy8y-AfkLFv8h3BpQ

It is just a few sequences compared to the number I have been uploading. I am using the Android App 2.39.

Sorry to hear @YoViajo - weā€™ll get these corrected though. Work to resolve the issue and to detect rotated images automatically is still ongoing.

Hereā€™s a few more sequences that need rotation:
5S8EagCWOahCeeNGSXGH8Q
-ZOq4Lpr97Q0zP5HnJrZyA
FL1Yk5NZjWSzVuxDPzynSw
add8Spbu9V2AKN4wdYhrjw
VbsjgC0J9O8ycJTok7-Iqw
Yxuvh9FntaS7wd2v6-9UoQ
-LFqxveM05QT1lXdcg3rtA
uB9YTKHI3BLeZaGgoTDYJQ
5whPaAkyOnAO6UFGnmRZtA
rXT4y5ChDq_tkLpvR2qEEg
ThyCUSDbLX7qZCBSoB92Xg
m1FyG-qivfw_0V6PUau0KA
iGuWZ6H1aRZQbWa4u9QlNg
maGVCFy8y-AfkLFv8h3BpQ

Still using Android app 2.39 in a Nexus 6P smartphone.

This thread still active to report upside down sequences? For some reason, all of the sequences I did today captured and uploaded upside down. I was looking at the camera while it it was capturing during the drive and the image was right-side up. The faulty sequences are:

E1RMqUgcM5fXk1LNxsR0ng
VzLaAOgmEFI9lGkWlTgxsw
EqkFcrozDkX4H_YAZ4OsNg
BjZf3IyT3eQ9IYj9X9wQRw
XN5WGnX51vr36nnRTrqfXQ
PBJ5jLrQP48sGttjbFzRig
r1a12izmSedHJlUKW1zOBA
TvDpiqzJCkz6z-b8QiACKg
MV92-lgyunWNW-I81O5ezg

@CaliforniaBear - thanks for notifying! Iā€™m listing these for us to fix.

Some sequence with this problem. Sometimes look at camera when it capturing, all was fine, but photos in this sequences right-side up.
Sequence keys:
tGFofIpT4q_bN07L8X-YTA
fPmIjxlkwiFb91V7M9P5Ow
2WpGoYTf0NZpU43SQK1W5w
x0oQqQu0VUAXHnunM-bpog

Use android app 3.0.0, Moto G3 smartphone.

@dohloks, weā€™ll fix them soon! And hopefully also the problem itself.

@katrin I just stumbled uppon this
NZa-dTyLm8rHdUQkI-YLiQ
(a random image in the sequence on https://www.mapillary.com/app/?pKey=81CZBLYyNmmYjhJsDG66WA&focus=photo&lat=55.3437539&lng=10.6585137&z=17).

I have some upside down sequences a while ago and the other day had a 90 degree one which was odd.

The upside down ones I had the phone the other way, Mapillary displayed the right way on the screen but the phones top bar was upside down. Since then I use the phone the opposite way and everything appears upright.

The 90 degree one I activated the camera before putting it in the mount while it was in my hand so it must have set the orientation different and I had no idea until I got home and started uploading.

I now make sure that my phone is securely in the mount before I load the camera and usually before I load Mapillary too just to be sure it knows the correct orientation.

I would be nice to batch run sequences on your own uploads to fix or rotate images either in browser or on the device before uploadingā€¦

1 Like

@katrin I have run into this issue too lately.
A sequence rotated 90Ā° :oEqLmXe1mbXAODiiojwqIA . I was holding the phone in my hands, staring at the screen and didnā€™t notice any problem until I came home and wanted to upload.

What happened to the Mapillary app v3.25 ? Sudenly all my pictures are in the wrong orientation?

1 Like

I can confirm, I am also getting rotated images.

I restarted my phone and they are still rotated. This problem has only started since the update.

I made absolutley sure the device was set correctly before loading Mapillary and loading the camera as stated in my previous post #37.

I have 5792 images from today in 7 sequences all with wrong rotation displaying within the android app however I have not uploaded any yet to see if they are correct online.

I tried uploading 2 rotated sequences today, but the problem is not solved after the upload. I mailed them with this issueā€¦

1 Like