Location of My Failed Sequence

Hello. Any chance to locate where is my failed-processing sequence?
So I know where should I retake the photos exactly.

Cluster_ID:_1529951604067771

Thank you for your message. Our team will take a look at the sequence.
Hope itā€™s not very urgent as due to a holidays the answer will be not earlier than Tuesday (April 19).

Best Regards, Yaroslav

Hello Yaroslav,

Thank you for your reply.
My colleague uploaded photos on April 18 and after > 24 hours the status keeps showing ā€œIngestingā€¦ā€. Do you mind checking it?
Here is the username

Cheers, Yanuar

The sequence (1529951604067771) has an image with a BAD GPS. This is a known issue which happens from time to time on Android, and we want to solve it in the upcoming release (in a few days I think). I also have asked if there is any way to fix the existing sequence. I will get back to you with results soon.

About ā€œIngestingā€ sequence - searching for the reason.

2 Likes

There is no way to fix it on our side (BAD GPS). Sorry for this inconvenience :frowning: we are working on a fix, so this (hopefully) will never happen in a new version.

Concerning ā€œIngestingā€, the only thing is to wait. It happens that sequences can be too long in processing.

1 Like

Blockquote
The sequence (1529951604067771) has an image with a BAD GPS.

So for now it is impossible to get the exact location from this sequence?

Blockquote
Concerning ā€œIngestingā€, the only thing is to wait. It happens that sequences can be too long in processing.

The user uploaded the new photos on Apr 20 and it seems perfect. Any advice to avoid this in the future?

Thanks for your help.

ā€œSo for now it is impossible to get the exact location from this sequence?ā€ - if you have the sequence locally, you can check image by image, to find the ā€˜wrongā€™ one. Probably gps is not set for one of them. We can do nothing at our side at the moment.

ā€œThe user uploaded the new photos on Apr 20 and it seems perfect. Any advice to avoid this in the future?ā€ - no advices as the process is automatic, but itā€™s over strange such a long resolution. One of our engineers is currently looking at those sequences to detect what is wrong (why so long).

And thank you for your message, as we improve the system step by step, based on your requests.

Best regards, Yaroslav.

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

Really appreciated that. So I do have more useful information to take care of Mapillary for my next mapping activities.

Cheers, Yanuar

1 Like

Hope the failed GPS never happen to you again in a new release :slight_smile: Fingers cross.

1 Like

I still have a lot of failed sequences with the last version, as updated at the end of April (Android).

Thank you again. Sorry for this to happen to you. I will take a look in details to confirm the reason for the failure.

Best Regards, Yaro

I also sent emails to Mapillary using the link on the web interface.

Something crazy is happening with ingestion - I have alerts for days I have not uploaded anything and for dates way in the past.

@Eric_S I couldnā€™t confirm that the sequences were failed because of GPS (most probably not). So, I have sent your seqs to people who to my knowledge connected to a fail and waiting for response (as they have their own prio, etc.)

@tastrax you please give more details about how you capture, and how you upload. The uploads werenā€™t finished properly and they kinda stuck. We need to understand how that has happened.

I also have a sequence on May 9 waiting for ingestion.

Here is my usual workflow capturing with GoPros

Still getting strange uploads when I havenā€™t uploaded any for weeks.

The last day I captured any imagery was 20th February 2022 and they were uploaded on the 21st Feb 2022. Anything after that is a mystery or has been stuck in your pipeline for months or years. It would be better if it showed the capture date in preference to ingestion date.

Iā€™m still looking for sequences recorded and uploaded between end of June and mid-August 2021ā€¦

Just did a quick drive and will have about 12,000 images uploading in the next day. We will see what happens to them. All via the desktop uploader - 50/50 straight ahead and 90 degrees offset

2 Likes