Camera not working

I am using mapillary app on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite. with recent updates ( past two updates) to mapillary, i am not able to take photos with mapillary capture function. app is asking to rotate the phone. even after rotating the phone, camera is not working.

I am experiencing the same problem. Sometimes the app has to be restarted several times before the camera works. I have this problem in Android v5.12.105

Oh, the UI is broken on Android, too…

Thank you for the report @mmkodali. I’d like to get a few details before I can proceed to a fix. As I see you on the attached screenshot this is the Portrait phone position (based on the level/red line). I’d like to ask you, what do you see (error or) on landscape mode? I mean do you see the error message to rotate the phone even when the phone is in the landscape, or just a black screen, or?

And one more. Do you have screen rotation enabled or disabled?

BR, Yaro

Auto rotate is enabled. Even though phone is kept in landscape mode, phone is stuck up as shown in the screenshot. camera won’t open up.

Thank you for the info, I will take a look at what can be the cause of this.

BR, Yaro

@mmkodali and @Lowiekse I’m working on the mentioned issue right now and I can’t understand what the problem is. Would you have time to check one thing please?

When you open the camera in portrait and then turn the phone to landscape, please wait like 3 secs in there (delay for an info overlay update). Then please take a screenshot (while still in landscape) and share. I expect the level line (red line in background) to disappear as it will be aligned with a white static line.

If that’s the case, then I have a workaround and it also means that Android OS doesn’t rotate the screen (why is another problem, idk at the moment).

BR, Yaro

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. One question, if you click a capture button at this point it works, right? Because the screen looks totally normal. Could you share the image of the issue when camera doesn’t work in landscape (as I understand that’s the issue itself)?

BR, Yaro

If the problem arises again, I will share it with you. The last few times it went well.

1 Like

@Yaro It’s your lucky day :wink:

And herewith another 3

Oh wow, I haven’t seen that ever. Hm… will check that. Thank you for helping me out.

BR, Yaro

1 Like