[bugreport] very slow "adding exif tags" step without adding any tags

After the latest app updates, a delay has appeared before actually adding EXIF tags - a spinner is shown and it says “Adding EXIF…”, but the actual image counter appears later.
For example, with only 12 images it stays at this pre-adding phase for 7 seconds, and it is not clear what is going on there.

This is similar to [bugreport] upload while capturing hard to start , but that report focuses on the app becoming unresponsive while that spinner is up. This report focuses on getting rid of that phase, or at least greatly reducing the time spent there.

1 Like

Same problem here but bigger: With 948 images (360°) the app shows the spinner for about 10 minutes and then crashes. Repeatedly, also after a complete reboot of the iPad.

It the moment I’m not able to upload the sequence because the app crashes on every attempt.

Previously I was able to start the app with internet off and wait a bit. Then enable internet, and the upload worked without crashes in most cases. Now I cannot get anything from the phone uploaded for days with various methods.

1 Like