Android app needs (unavailable) update?

Sometimes my Android app is complaining that I need the new update when I want to upload sequences. This prevent me from uploading new photos, luckily this can be easily avoided by forcing the app to close down and reopen it.

When I check the app in Google Play it seems like I have the latest version. The last update was June the 4th and I cannot update it again.

Is this a bug?

There is a second Mapillary app in play store now. Same name, same logo but version 1. You need to install that one.

1 Like

Have you tested? Where, for example, are the sequences saved, and does the SD Card save option work? Because I see some problems…

1 Like

That is really weird but you’re right. It seems that they created a duplicate of the app instead of updating the existing app.

2 Likes

The same question here. I have recorded several sequencies today. But I can’t locate the pictures folder in the phone.

1 Like

/data/user/0/com.mapillary.app/… Need root for that!? I don’t know who wrote the app…

1 Like

Okay, this is a showstopper for me to continue using Mapillary. I want to transfer the pictures to another device before uploading…
Open Camera app is already installed :-/
After 5 years of contributing, I can’t even see my statistic, how many millions of pictures I’ve uploaded :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve installed it and tried to replicate my settings. But I haven’t captured any images yet.