A user interface decision consequence

Because there is no indication in what mode I am, I keep making pictures of the ground.
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=52.51004388582302&lng=13.38968590713606&z=17&focus=photo&dateFrom=2018-06-21&pKey=JXJdSq3W18Q3otNDOLNLJg

I’ll probably delete them one of these days.

The same thing here,
because of the black vertical ribbon, it is hard to see the reflection while shooting.

https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=50.87787131084954&lng=4.367065547492324&z=17&dateFrom=2018-06-14&username[]=filipc&pKey=YFBRLZ_EnKOhqypiKX-o-Q&focus=photo

Hey @filipc - I’m just trying to make sure I understand-- are you saying it’s not clear when you’re capturing images through the app? Could you expand on this a bit?

Yes, the vertical black reason must be for beauty.
Have you tried shooting sideways from a bus, when conditions are not ideal ?
I don’t find pictures from you.

@filipc - I believe I understand, but I will check with the dev team to help me out here.

I haven’t posted anything just yet-- I’m a greenhorn with Mapillary-- I just started last month so I will be contributing as soon as I finish settling in to some of my other roles. Sorry to not be well-versed in this just yet!

@filipc — could you possibly share a screenshot of this in the app? I we want to see if maybe there’s something going on with your make/model of device’s UI.

In the mapillary link I gave, you can see the red reflection of coats.
Without that black transparent ribbon I would have seen it better an would have aimed the camera more outside than forward.
It is no big deal.
There are so many details about which I wonder if others know it also. You should make a movie with me.

@filipc I TOTALLY understand what you mean now, I’m sorry for seeming lost.

Let me bring it up with my team. what were you shooting on?

I was shooting with a Samsung S9 the National 1 way and the canal Willebroek - Brussel.
Also from a way where only busses are allowed.

1 Like

Thanks @filipc :slight_smile: I will pass this along for them to consider. You’re right, that’s definitely not something someone likely would have thought of!