Viofo A119 V3 / Blueskysea B4K and Mapillary

Hi , I had same problem here.

If you capture timelapse at 1fps it still ends up as a 60fps (or whatever) MP4, where every frame is a second of capture. So the time sample is correct for deriving capture time but not for splitting out frames.

ahm, I missed that bit.
Script does not support TIMELAPSE video.
Video should be recorded in normal mode 30/60 frames = 1 sec
1/2/3/5/10 min video = 1/2/3/5/10 minutes of footage

So hereā€™s the problem. I fixed on ā€œsampling intervalā€ and thought it means also capture time. Iā€™ll change this setting, and try again.

@jorrarro thanks for linux part :slight_smile:
EDIT: both methods for input folder failed :frowning: I need to search for solution later.

You can use bash scripting to automate processing all files in folder:

for f in *.MP4; do python3 ts_processor2.py --input $f --sampling_interval 0.5 --timeshift 0.5 --folder output; done

Iā€™ll look over the script when there is more free time, but it does not look to be happening anytime soon.

I canā€™t say, that this command changed my life, but, in very precise part, this command changed my life :slight_smile:
Thanks @jorrarro !

I did get your script working with MP4 with a few changes, so thank you. For some reason the viofo only seemed to take GPS every 30 second or so, so the interpolation is quite big, but it works reasonably.

Can you please share the sample video file (google drive) for some checks? It sounds strange that you get only 1 fix position per 30 secs

Sure, see below. 30 GPS points, however 889 total frames.

I did previously use OCR as it is possible to have GPS stamped on the image, and these were more frequent than the locations encoded in the video, however it was cpu intensive and also occasionally had large errors.

Ok, now clear. This is time-lapse video recording, which is NOT supported neither by the script out of the box, nor by Viofo in regards with GPS data recording. Indeed it will be missing huge amount of gps data, while GPS data packets are stored by Viofo (by design) at the rate:
1 gps data packet per 1 second of resulting video file irrespective from the recording mode used (normal or time-lapse)

This is 30 sec video, so 30 gps data packets are encoded by Viofo at time interval of 1 packet per second of the resulting video, all other GPS data is dismissed and canā€™t be recovered (so interpolation would be the only option).

If you want to have everything working as designed with high precision, you should consider switching to normal recording mode.

Ok thanks for the information. This is a shame as it makes storage and uploads so much simpler.