My new scripts to generate geotaged images from Viofo A129 DUO (and simillar) dashcam videos.

Hello all

I am using Mapillary as the mapping source in OpenStreetMap.
I recently purchased a VIOFO A129 DUO dashcam and want to share the street level images generated from it.
I tried several tools to convert MP4 video files from dashcam to geotagged images but no one was good for me so

I wrote my own scripts.

Python scripts to generate geotaged images from Viofo A129 DUO (and simillar) dashcam videos. Images are ready to use at Mapillary.com

Main added features:

• support for dual cameras.
    Images generated by rear cam (*R.MP4 files.) has bearing corrected by 180 degrees and moved 2 meters behind.
    It is useful at Mapillary app for separate two identical tracks (one from front and one from rear dashcam)
    (Remember to upload front and back series of images as separate Mapillary tracks.)

• Crop images options. This options are useful if you don’t want to share your sensitive data saved in the video by dashcam, or if your view is partially obscured.

• Images are generated every one second during video, but only if gps position is known.

Scripts published as open source, feel free to use and modify.

2 Likes