Python3 BlackVue upload

Just checking

First time I tried to use the tools to upload my Mapillary firmware equipped BlackVue vids in about a year

• First I get an error about only supporting “Front” which it already is.
    ERROR: Currently, only front Blackvue videos are supported on this command. Please use video_process command for backwards camera videos

• When I comment out this test in the code it fails unable to find GPS data
    Warning, could not extract gps from video 20210322_123530_NF.mp4 due to a bytes-like object is required, not ‘str’, video will be skipped…

Is anyone successfully using the firmware supplied 1CH BlackVue with the recent P3 tools?

1 Like

I guess it’s designed to work with DR900 series only. Are you trying with DR900 produced video?
Make sure you are using correct advance options, esp.
--geotag_source "blackvue_videos"

It is a DR900, supplied by Mapillary under their camera program a couple of years back, then loaded with the custom firmware.

In the past I used the now deprecated local sampling method defining the geotag source, then the Python 2 version of Direct Upload. I have had a fellow mapper uploading my mp4’s for 6 months now using doku. I have however just had the need to upload some for quick use and want to know if it is working for anyone else.

The direct upload help syntax has no gps choice function, but I will try it.

I am using a virtual environment.

Tnx!