Toggle for Camera Sound

Every time I capture a sequence in iPhone while unmute, the camera shutter sound goes crazy especially if you decrease it’s seconds. I would have to force to mute my iPhone just to bypass this situation but later then forgetting to unmute my iPhone when someone calls me. I was thinking maybe we should have a toggle in settings to silence the camera sound.

1 Like

It’s unfortunately not possible to mute the camera shutter sound on iOS. The only way is to use the hardware switch on the side.

1 Like

It must be possible to mute the shutter sound because the KartaView app in iOS does not make shutter noises (I’ll just keep using KartaView)

If KartaView is grabbing a screenshot of the video preview instead of actually taking a still photo, it would not make a sound. The captured image would have a much lower resolution though, depending on the device.

We have discussed about potentially moving to video capture in the future. It has pros and cons though. One benefit would be to able to capture denser and use less disk space, the downside is limited editing capabilities after capture and also lower resolution.