Status.mapillary.com not working

https://status.mapillary.com/ no longer works - my browser shows an error about an invalid certificate. If I proceed, I get to a generic Atlassian page.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this! I’ve made a task for the team to address it.

2 Likes

May I offer a suggestion? Will anyhow : could forum members who work for Mapillary - this was done at some time in the past - please have their little shield back, the one indicating they’re replying ‘on behalf of work’, please?

1 Like

Nope, need to coerrect myself here, it still is shown at least with Peter : Page not found shows the shield behind the name, and the word ‘Mapillary’

1 Like

Has there been any progress? It gives a bad impression if the status page itself is broken - it reduces the confidence that the rest of Mapillary is working correctly.

3 Likes

Tried to visit [Privacy error (mapillary.com)] (https://status.mapillary.com/) just a moment ago, in the ‘new’ Edge browser received the following reply :

Your connection isn’t private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from status.mapillary.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

RefreshHide advanced

status.mapillary.com uses encryption to protect your information. When Microsoft Edge tried to connect to status.mapillary.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be status.mapillary.com, or a WiFi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Microsoft Edge stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You can’t visit status.mapillary.com at the moment because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Not being able to even view the page kind of trumps the page not being updated?

But wait, how about Firefox?

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to status.mapillary.com because this web site requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

status.mapillary.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the web site, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the web site’s administrator about the problem.

Learn more…

Web sites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for status.mapillary.com. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.statuspage.io, statuspage.io

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

View Certificate

Yours puzzled,

k.

2 Likes

@koninklijke and @jpennycook – we have removed the status page for now, so it will no longer be accessible. Because of changeovers in our system we no longer have it linked to our system, so it has to be offline until further notice. Theoretically we would need to rebuild it for new systems to be monitored but this is not on the near term agenda.

1 Like

What about the app continually crashing on iOS?

1 Like

Hi @Matsayz, this is of course a totally separate issue from the status page. The iOS app is luckily going strong and we are making frequent fixes and updates. Please tag me in any forum post if you have a bug report and our team will get on that.

2 Likes

I am currently not doing any more bulk uploads to Mapillary because I don’t have any confidence that it is working correctly, especially since a lot of images that I uploaded in December never appeared on the map view. I agree with the point above - without any kind of status indicator, how do I know if Mapillary is going to accept my upload?

2 Likes

@GITNE I agree, a status indicator is completely useful for so many reasons. I am also a heavy user of Mapillary and appreciate this. While the status page is shut down for now, I think this idea is worth discussing for long term. Our system migration means we need to review everything and rebuild many things, so this is on the list. Your insight here is very useful and I think we should discuss this more together in the coming months, once we get the new systems in place internally.

2 Likes

@jpennycook yes, I agree that having feedback from Mapillary on status of uploads is valuable. can you tell me more about what specific things in the past were most useful? There is the status page for the system status overall and estimated processing time, but were you also relying on the email notifications about the images being published? It’s good to learn about the best ways we can keep you as a user informed, especially when there is something like a slowdown or error on the server side so you know what to expect.

1 Like

@chrisbeddow My suggestion that would suit me Chris;

Whenever a user upload is in progress/process, an email twice daily with a status/number of all the current categories. ie how many sitting in the buffer, how many now visible, errors/fatals, how many now have tracks, complete etc. A batch/initial upload date per item would be handy too.

2 Likes

and what did you expect after being sold to facebook?!?

2 Likes

Still not working! :rage: :sleepy:

2 Likes

Bump,

It is my assumption that while integration tasks are being performed blahblahblah we may expect difficulties. But I’d like to have an idea of WHAT difficulties and for WHAT LONG.

In my last command line uploads I have had to retry several times in order to complete the task. Also, image counter was temporally wrong, counting many images twice or three times. Images take longer than usual to show on the map. I’m OK with all that, acceptable nuisance.

But what worries me most is that larger shapes seem to take forever to prepare on the Dashboard takeout, rendering them virtually useless. I’m trying to download bike rack and bench location for my city (which is a largish shape I assume).

I resorted to trying to create smaller shapes to zone the city into neighbourhoods, but then I couldn’t do this, either. That’s worse.

My intention was to update OpenStreetMap with these informations, based upon Mapillary’s very handy auto-detect feature. But now I cannot get to the processed data.

I need some reassurance that our voluntary work into Mapillary will still be relevant towards these and other tasks. Otherwise one may believe we are wasting our time, to put it boldly.

Thank you and kind regards.

3 Likes

still not working…