Processing sequences delay?

Is there a problem with processing sequences? The current processing delay is for uploaded images is now a week.

See this sequence for example 7IUSZTnjxYg49DWztpoMcG

1 Like

Problem seems to have started on 2024-06-02.

2 Likes

With me it is only a matter of hours.

All my sequences of 2 June were processed in the normal processing time.

@canfe or @adalvit do you have any clues?

Your recent sequences are also yellow. The “Map update” step is missing.

Sorry about that, but all I need are the pictures.

I also seem to be having an issue with some batches I submitted on the 2nd June. First they appeared on the map but not long after they moved to the “finalizing” stage they all disappeared apart from the first image in each of the sequences (mapillary desktop seems to split any batch submission into segments of 361 images and the CLI into segments of 500, not sure why the inconsistency between tools but that’s another story) .

I recently moved from sampling 1fps from a 30fps video to using time lapse @ 1fps and just wondered if it was something to do with the submission process (using the desktop app rather than CLI) or possibly the new workflow methods missing some key exif tags but if other people are having issues Im not sure if the problem is with my submissions or mapilllary.

As far as I can see using exiftool each image has GPS (lat,lon) and various timestamp tags associated with … the desktop tool as far as I can see requires no gpx file (presumably because information needed is embedded in the exif tags) and I assume if something was not right the tool would have refused to upload the images. But on the other hand the CLI tool appears to generate an additional json file with additional Heading / Bearing / Altitude data not included in the exif metadata.

As I am new to Mapillary I’m not sure if its me or an issue with the processing. Should I be concerned that its been nearly a week since they went to finalizing ?

And what is the protocol for raising a concern ?

Thanks for reporting folks - we are taking a look and will update here with the findings cc: @tao , @abalys

We had the processing delay by the end of last week. It should be gone now. Everything is up to today. Please check again.

I recently moved from sampling 1fps from a 30fps video to using time lapse @ 1fps and just wondered if it was something to do with the submission process (using the desktop app rather than CLI) or possibly the new workflow methods missing some key exif tags but if other people are having issues Im not sure if the problem is with my submissions or mapilllary.

It should not cause any delay. High FPS uploads will be split to 500 images per sequence (upload).

As far as I can see using exiftool each image has GPS (lat,lon) and various timestamp tags associated with … the desktop tool as far as I can see requires no gpx file (presumably because information needed is embedded in the exif tags) and I assume if something was not right the tool would have refused to upload the images. But on the other hand the CLI tool appears to generate an additional json file with additional Heading / Bearing / Altitude data not included in the exif metadata.

@TomBrough Heading / Bearing / Altitude are not required (although very useful). If these information exist in your videos or images, and DU or mapillary_tools does not recognize, could you file an issue in GitHub - mapillary/mapillary_tools: Command line tools for processing and uploading Mapillary imagery with some sample files there?