Extremely low detection rates of some important traffic signs

Perhaps, I should have given further background to our specific use case and what we are planning to do given the data and tools we have at our disposal.

My organization will be working with a few Latam cities, where we will be creating a road network database with speed limits both for internal and public consumption. An important aspect of gathering speed limits at the road segment level, will come from speed traffic signs (explicit speed limits), thus our emphasis on speed limit traffic signs.

We want to use the data from the speed limit traffic signs detected by Mapillary’s object detection algorithm for these cities and have it in our hosted database, but as I pointed out before, we have identified many case where the algorithm incorrectly detected traffic signs and we would need to fix these somewhere.

We obviously prefer if Mapillary would provide a way to correct these signs directly in their platform or alternatively improve their detection algorithm, by using different training datasets (perhaps at the country level), as opposed to us fixing them in our hosted database. However, given that we need to deliver this work during 2024, unless Mapillary could share a tentative timeline for this work, we would not be able to wait for it, as it could take 1 or 2 years (this feature request of flagging incorrect traffic sign detection is from 2017 and still nothing). @boris is there any timeline you could provide or perhaps tell us if it would be done during 2024?

The alternative we identified is to create a Qgis plugin, where we could clean this data in a semi-automatic fashion. We would apply it to speed limits, but ultimately it could work for any type of traffic sign.