I will be going to the Seychelles later in the year and want to use some of my time for mapping. I’d like to ask the community what I should be considering and planning to be prepared for the trip.
What I have thought and planned so far:
- Mapillary mapping using iPhone 5S and gopro 3
- OpenStreetCam mapping using OnePlus 3T
- external battery to recharge devices
- dual car charger
I think that on the smaller islands I will be mapping using a rental bicycle. On the main island I will have a rental car
What I need to arrange:
- bicycle mount for
- iPhone 5S
- OnePlus 3T
- other mounting options?
- car mounts (inside or outside?)
Comments I would like to have feedback on from the community are:
- tips on mounting cameras on bicycles
- mount iphone and gopro - which one which direction?
- how to deal with uploading images or limited storage space if internet access is limited or slow upload
- things to consider when mapping
- planning the mapping? which roads first, which one last?
- camera to forward right and both sides?
- mapping/image capture - what is the best time? I have heard that morning light is best for photos shoots.
- should I map only roads and tracks? what else to map/capture?
Thanks for all your comments.