Stitching (raw 360) images with Hugin

created another template, “delta result” with stitch with original software:

It “feels better”, but what is wise? From an optical view the Hugin file is much better, but which is better for Mapillary? Or is that detail/distortion something that Mapillary has no trouble with?

[update]
A side note on “speed”. I created a perl script to process a folder with my created “YI360 hugin template”.
I have a Linux server for company testing purposes. That one isn’t a “cpu monster” (and only has a simple onboard graphics card). That one needs 15.5 seconds on avarage for stitching an image (command line, at 5760 x 2880, including conversion to JPG). I expected that my (Windows 10) workstation with a much faster CPU and a slight monster of a GPU would be faster, so I appended my perl script to generate templates suitable for the batchprocessor of the Windows program. But that one needs over 17.7 seconds on average…

With my camera in “movie mode” I filter out a lot of images… so I could get smart and stitch only the images I need…

But before I start doing that I’dd like to know if this way of stitching poses a problem for the “Mapillary platform”?

1 Like