Gopro Fusion Workflow


Hi guys!
Our GoPro fusion has just arrived, I’m waiting on the SD cards now.
Could someone who uses it wite me a brief description of their process of shooting and uploading to mapillary?
Thanks in advance!


With regarding to shooting and stitching, I cannot help. But I hope you can find an automated process.

For uploading I use the Python scripts which are great for large amounts of images and/or automatic upload. There is also the web loader, which is easy to get started with, but which is not that great for large amounts of images.

Please give me a ping if you need some specifics on uploading!


It would be great if you could share the script and some specific instructions if there are any, I’m familiar with python so I should be able to get it working on either OS.
Thank you!


Sorry for the delay. The Pyton scripts resides on and on I wrote a rough guide to running them. There is also a lot of questions in that thread.


There may be special reasons where I want to blur parts of my photos from GoPro (when copied to my PC harddisk) on my own, thus before uploading them to the mapillary server.

Does anyone know a good graphic tool (Windows?) where you can

1)browse all photos of a folder
2)inspect each image step-by-step
3)blur image wit a kind of brush tool
4)save it when finish this single image
5)and choose the next image easily?


I used TheGimp for this. It is a bit like PhotoShop but open source and free. It can open multiple images at once. I select the area, either using a free select mask or an oval mask and then run the guassian blur filter. You can make short cuts for all tools, but must of them have it already. Note that you have to export - not save as.


Hello ! Here is what I am doing to publish my 360° pictures on mapillary taken with my GoPro Fusion :

  • shooting : I’ve tried with 1 image per second while walking and while cycling, I’m currently uploading the sequences on mapillary, I’ll give you the links once it is uploaded.
    I’ve noticed that a picture from a sequence seems to be of lower quality than one taken with the standalone mode - you can see that with the number of pictures that show the available free space on the SD cards
  • stitching the sequence with the mac app Fusion Studio : select JPEG through the renderer options ; the pictures will be rotated automatically to the horizontal and the middle of the picture will face North (compass direction = 0.0)
    (I’ve heard about some GPS coordinates rounding on the rendered picture but this does not happen got me with this mac version)
  • using exiftool to remove the XMP metadata (which prevent mapillary from reading the GPS data) and to correct the datetime exif data (which are set by the Fusion Studio app to the stitching datetime) : exiftool "-datetimeoriginal<gpsdatetime" -xmp= MULTISHOT_0028_0000*.jpg
  • upload the stitched pictures of the sequence on mapillary thanks to the web uploader

Voilà ! :wink: