Mapillary rejection of images -- unable to debug cause

Hello. Can you please check if there are more images being hung up?

1 Like

Just so you know, it seems anything submitted May 11 through May 18 will be hung up for a bit, since Mapillary was doing the backend overhaul.

Though things I submitted after May 19 and today are showing up pretty quickly, so new images should be fine.

Thank you for the update

I cannot confirm this. My ‘test’ uploads go to nowhere. They are not appearing on the processing queue or on the map or even in ‘limbo’. So im waiting with my recordings when things will clear up and we have straight message from mapillary that overhaul is over and everything works fine.

1 Like

Yeah… They stopped appearing quickly for me, too, a few days ago. And everything I submitted between May 11-18 still isn’t on the map.

2 Likes

Moi aussi j’ai le même problème. on a télécharger des séquences, on a répéter la prise de vue et essayer plusieurs fois mais jusqu’à présent les images ne sont pas publiées dans Mappilary. Une boite de dialogue nous informe qu’un mail va mous informer des que les images encours de publication seront disponibles. Besoins d’aide SVP.

A lot of my images of the weekend of 14th - 18th May also haven’t been published.

It’s hard to know HOW to resolve , WHO to send a message saying that there’s some corruption of images going on… I sent a message to support . and sent a tweet to mapillary…

I dunno if it’s worth mapping anything.

3 Likes

It is extremely disappointing that all this time the rest of the images did not appear, especially knowing that it is of no fault on my end. Everything was working great on this platform, you do a survey, upload, less than 24 hours everything appears. Once Facebook got involved, everything fell apart. While Zuckerburg, the cheesiest guy in tech with zero concerns for privacy, is busy playing a stupid VR game,

we are scrambling to find our images that we upload for free, and which eventually Facebook will make money off. I stopped uploading images to mappilary and now do a local import on ArcGIS which works great. You select Geotagged images and everything works instantly. bye bye. F’en facegarbagge.

Hi everyone,

I understand concerns about the significant delays in image processing and want to reassure you that it is temporary. We are making some platform improvements and for this reason processing has temporarily slowed down. We are aiming to have these platform improvements complete sometime next week.

Images are not lost, but in a state of processing. Thanks for your patience as we work to make Mapillary better.

7 Likes

As someone who works on other big software products, these things aren’t easy. Things don’t always go as planned and can go wrong (even if you’re FB).

The team are clearly working hard to improve the product. Personally, I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next – thanks for taking the time to keep us updated @eneerhut.

4 Likes

Appreciate your understanding! I have images that I uploaded over the last two weeks which I am still waiting on, so I fully understand the frustrations. We’re working to get these platform updates completed as quickly as possible so that we can get the system back to normal.

1 Like

@JoscTr looks like you timed it to hike through at low tide, eh? :slight_smile:

@allen No, I didn’t.