GraphQL interface doesn't seem to be working

I have been trying to figure out a way to use an api key to retrieve the username of an image author but have been having no luck. Mapillary JS apparently does not work for this, and the GraphQL queries some users recently have said they had some luck with have been coming up with this error:

{“errors”:[{“message”:“Access denied.”,“severity”:“CRITICAL”}]}

I am not sure if this is a new bug but it seems like the information shouldn’t be this hard to get considering its served to the mapillary web client itself.

I suspect it’s down to the OAuth token you’re using.

I ran into the same issue and debugged it to the token used

Mapillary GraphQL is used by Mapillary apps and is not intended for use elsewhere and it has various security, privacy, anti-scraping systems which could prevent access.

For accessing the Mapillary API use the documentation on this page: API Documentation

For example, to get the username of an image author: https://graph.mapillary.com/<image_key>?fields=creator&access_token=<your_token>

1 Like

Yep, I assumed that @nikola .

The issue is search on the documented API.

If I want to return all sequences posted by a user, I have to page through the image search endpoint in a hacky way (as described in my post).

The sequence endpoint should allow you to return a list of sequences owned by a user IMO.

Even for other type of searches, the lack of pagination filters (e.g. limit, next, etc) makes some tasks very hard to complete.