Distance or time based capture

I forgot my short memory disorder for events.

I agree, there are not enough statistics for displaying frames, while moving at speed there is no way to monitor the application, and the frame counter can help in this, although I do not yet know how to implement it

I propose to consider the addition of functionality to capture panorammy as a separate function, ie select a point click and shoot panorammy application with the tips to make panorammu capturing footage in order to add mode automatic and manual adjustment of staff.

Image counter will be reintroduced and panoramic shooting was abandoned long ago.
I am glad panoramic shooting was abandoned, I never understood it or it never worked and it was superfluous.

I like to make panoramas, and in the presence of only a smartphone to switch applications during the walk is not convenient, also the latest version hardly finds the gps

You can make panoramas, just turn with enough overlap while shooting. I do it all the time, often at the beginning and end of a sequence.

In the “Google camera” made "convenient way the camera finds beacons and when moving the camera suggests the optimal position.

I know that. The Mapillary programmers have better things to do. For spheric panoramas I use an appropriate camera.

I just see that there is "Compass autocapture: " in the Settings. I don’t know if it works well, this may depend on the quality of your smartphone.

Hi there,
thanks for all the feedback! The photo counter, storage and battery stats are all in now, and will be out of beta very shortly (just want to make sure there are not more things to fix). If you want to capture pano, just switch to manual mode and use the phone compass, and click whenever you like?

/peter

In version 3.38
capture direction returns to forward when restarting mly
I assume this is not a feature.

My way is :
shooting without looking in the settings just like the previous time.

1 Like

@filipc Resetting the compass direction is not intended behaviour. Will report this.

Other than that, we have 3.41 out now with more fixes.

the “capture direction returns to forward” bug is still present in 3.158

@katrin This bug is still present? Btw. couldn’t the app just record the compass direction for every picture, and let the user, or even an algorithm decide afterwards, which direction method to use? Then forgetting the switch would not result in bad directions.

katrin seems not to be active since Aug 15, '19 anymore…