Capture stop when app is in background

If I receive a call or i.e. Google Maps is in foreground, the capture stop.
I didn’t found a setting in Mapillary App to avoid this.

App version 5.2.1
Android 10
Phone Croscall Core-X4

Hi @pyrog ,

Wouldn’t know the why, can offer an observation : the camera is apparently a very processor intensive app, as find that while smartphone can run like three fitness / tracklogging apps plus a 4G/5G mobile coverage app consecutively, they’re all halted when loading the camera app for just a single still photo.

That’s on an octa-core 5G / GPS+Galileo L1+L5 able Android 11 'phone, but same before upgrade from Android 10.

Would love to engage it, but haven’t yet found a setting to throttle camera’s processing power hunger, will gladly bow to more knowledgeable contributors’ …

Met vriendelijke groet,

Hi pyrog,

We just released a feature to make it possible for you to continue capturing while the app is in the background. It’s called “picture in picture” and in the latest Android version you’ll see that your capture doesn’t stop when you switch apps, rather its displayed as a small window in the corner.

We hope you enjoy this new functionality and if it’s working well for you, please leave a rating for the app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapillary.app

We appreciate it!
Boris,
Product Manager, Mapillary

2 Likes