Brightness setting when taking 360 photos

I have a problem with my LG 360 cam:
Usually the sky is bright and the ground is darker, which makes the pictures look dark in 90 deg to the zenit and nadir.

Is it possible to set the brightness level just like you are able to, when taking “flat photos” with the phone’s built-in camera?

““Is it possible to set the brightness level just like you are able to, when taking “flat photos” with the phone’s built-in camera?””

This got my interest. I’d love to be able to adjust the brightness.
I don’t yet have a 360 camera (The 360 camera is a dream of mine, part of what makes me hesitate is how to mount the camera on my van. I can’t advertise I’m taking pictures, it has to be camouflage somehow.)
I notice as I drive that may pictures are too dark, especially when going into the sun light.
I’ve yet to get into editing. The reason is I am not at all sure what Mapillary is looking for.

What app are you using to control the camera?

In the LG 360 CAM Manager you can change settings, either auto or manual exposure. See what works for you.

1 Like

Good tips! I will check that next time I setup my equipment. :smile:

That’s an issue we have discussed earlier, and people handle it differently. I prefer to advertise as mush as possible. That’s why I asked the Mapillary staff if there were any magnetic signs available to put on the sides of the car. Much like The google car looks like. Unfortunately not.
However, there is a PDF available that you can print out and hand it to people who ask what you’re doing.

I will be doing parts of a walking trail here in west Sweden, that is ~200 km in its full length, this summer, so I guess I will meet a couple of wondering people along the way.

When it comes to sticking a 360 cam to the rooftop of the car, I’m still trying to figure out a good way to avoid as much of the car as possible in the nadir area. One problem I’ve stumbled into is how to connect the USB-C cable while using the camera screw. If not charged, I will only be able to shoot for ~30 min before I run out of battery. But I need some kind of special screw for that…

1 Like

As far as I know you can not have both with the LG 360 cam app. So when you select the interval mode (2-seconds) you can not set brightness (or other iso etc). Only possible for taking manual pictures.