YI 360 VR camera REVIEW

This is the message I sent after two months of corresponding/complaining with YI technology:

I feel scammed.

I spent a serious amount of time setting up software to use the YI360 camera for my goal and I have even promoted your camera in the online community where I am active in. But everything is going down the drain. With the total lack of support for this camera I feel scammed out of hunderds of euro’s. I find it beyond unbelievable that you fixed the problem for an other range of your products months ago, but seem to be simply refusing to put in the time to fix the YI360 iPhone app for iOS13. This iOS version is supported by iPhones since 2015!
Does YI technology place zero value in customers who have trusted your company buying your products?

A salient detail: I bought the camera via Amazon, I complained there also. And to my surprise the YI 360 camera couldn’t be bought an hour later… but I got NO RESPONSE what so ever.

I think I will sell the camera to someone who can use it and take my loss.

A disillusioned former YI technologies customer

I completely realize Mapillary is not to blaim, but you guys could seriously “soften the blow” by implementing this feature so that I could use the camera directly via the Mapillary app. This feature (create an option “ignore errors and continue”) could also be helpful in getting basic support/usability for other cameras?

Sigh :sob::sob::sob::sob:

[update]
I remembered that I still have my iPhone 6 as a backup (the speaker is crappy, but still works) and I remembered that phone still runs on iOS 12… and “yay” now I can connect to the camera again…

But the conclusion remains:
Do not buy anything from YI, their (software) support is terrible. The hardware has great specs and is relatively cheap, but if software support is as horrible as it is with YI, you need third party software i.e. or other people that are dedicated in supporting their hardware… Now it is this camera in combination with iOS… what’s next? You are surrendered to the whims of the company…
In my opinion, not how a company should operate.