If there is a way to use latitude and longitude of a location instead of ‘photo id’ to access an image?

I am new to Mapillary. As shown in the documentation (e.g. MapillaryJS | MapillaryJS) we can access image using javascript code which requires ‘client id’ and ‘photo id’

My question is if there is a way to use latitude and longitude of a location instead of ‘photo id’ to access an image?

Hi @get and welcome to Mapillary!

The answer to your question is no - you can’t use latitude and longitude only to access a specific image. This is simply because there may be more than one photo in the exact same location, so lat and lon wouldn’t give a unique response. The photo ID is unique for each image.

Can you describe what you aim to achieve? Is it about that you are interested in a specific location and would like to render any image that happens to be the closest to these coordinates - or is it something else?

I found this blog post written in april 2017, this might very well answer the question?

[edit]
Check out this thread also (‘searching/embedding mapillary images’)!

It doesn’t work now

This method used the old (V3) API which is deprecated for a few months now. The current API (V4) does not allow direct querying by coordinates. Only way to do this now is to download relevant vector tile and run local query on it.