Hi,
I see here ‘Captures Needed’ , but there aren’t any roads there.
52.28022124302806, 4.645972107464767
KR Louis
Hi,
I see here ‘Captures Needed’ , but there aren’t any roads there.
52.28022124302806, 4.645972107464767
KR Louis
Roads do exist there.
Look at aerial or satellite imagery. Apparently, these are private farm tracks. It is the good old “lacking access tag game” again. ![]()
By the way, when you find such roads, do not just assume that they are private roads. Verify before you edit OSM. Ideally, provide evidence on Mapillary.
I live there; there are no roads.
OpenStreetMap is a map of the world, created by people like you
I’m simply quoting the text; this isn’t an personal attack on you.
This is the problem. People like you are mapping roads that don’t actually exist. If my garden path were mapped in OSM, would Mapillary then indicate that as ‘Captures Needed’? If you go there because Mapillary says ‘Captures Needed’, you’re entering private property. So that’s my point: these roads should be removed from Mapillary’s ‘Captures Needed’ system.
If you have first hand knowledge, you can edit the roads in osm.org and add the access=private tag.
This is happening with private roads, but I have never seen it show roads that don’t even exist. (maybe they existed at one time though, Mapillary has a road on the map I saw that upon asking my grandparents has been closed for many years.