Download Mapilarry images with API v4

Hi,

I’m using python. Given coordinates, I’d like to download the nearest image from Mapilarry. How do I do this?

Thanks

2 Likes

Exactly the question I’m looking for an answer for.
Surprised the document has nothing for it.

@LiamMacLean Here is a good way to get images in a bounding box, which you can adapt to do a distance search. We may have some new tools soon to make this even easier in Python.

https://gist.github.com/cbeddow/74b3bb7f7d69f52a7b0fc0e221be5ff5

@chrisbeddow I think that script only download the metadata, not the images itself. Perhaps we can download images using its id?

This script will get the JPGs for you: Download Mapillary images a JPGs · GitHub

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve been looking for this.

Is there a way to download GPS position of the single images and the track (GPX, maybe JSON) ?

You can download tiles with image locations and ids as geoJSON from mly1_public layer.

This is how I have done it - random-mapillary-stuff/mapillary_v4_downloader.py at master · taneljairus/random-mapillary-stuff · GitHub

Thanks. I will try it !

Hey @chrisbeddow – any plans to expose raw (unprocessed) URL to the owner for download? Seems this has been removed from the response when querying sequences from authenticated owner (only processed image links).

1 Like

I noticed the option to download the raw copy has been removed from the UI too.

2 Likes

No explicit plan for this right now, but it’s good that you ask so I can mark this as a request. Can you remind me how exactly you use this?

2 Likes

Hey @chrisbeddow the use case would be backup. Sometimes I don’t have the photos locally available, and access to a Mapillary copy of the original is a nice to have for me. For me, it’s low priority (just something I noticed missing, really).

1 Like