Gopro Hero 8 Black Video Sampling

Hi,
According to instruction here I run this command:

mapillary_tools video_process --import_path “path/to/images” --video_import_path “path/to/videos” --user_name “mapillary_user” --advanced --geotag_source “gopro_videos” --geotag_source_path “path/to/videos” --interpolate_directions --video_sample_interval 0.5 --overwrite_EXIF_gps_tag

image frames extracted from video but images does not have geo tags with this error:

Running geotag_process for 60 images, skipping 0 images.
It is assumed that the image timestamps are in UTC. If not, try using the option --local_time.
Inserting gps data into image EXIF: 0%| | 0/60 [00:00<?, ?it/s]Warning, time t not in scope of gpx file by 1591617283.33 seconds, interpolation of latitude and longitude failed for image c:\mp\m\2\i\mapillary_sampled_video_frames\GX011994\GX011994_000001.jpg
Warning, time t not in scope of gpx file by 1591617282.83 seconds, interpolation of latitude and longitude failed for image c:\mp\m\2\i\mapillary_sampled_video_frames\GX011994\GX011994_000002.jpg
for all images I have same error!
any one can help solve the problem?

That number of seconds is the time from the Unix epoch. It kind of implies that whatever mechanism you had to determine video creation time is seeing zero. I have seen another post that suggests an error may exist in the tools over this.

As a workaround try adding the switch --video_start_time and the epoch time for the start of your video.

Thank you bob3bob3
How I find exact epoch time?

Epoch time is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970 (midnight UTC/GMT). Here is a website calculator if you wish to do it one at a time https://www.epochconverter.com/

1 Like