Welcome to the Mapillary Community Forum

Welcome to the Mapillary community forum. The forum is a great way to connect with other Mapillary community members, have discussions, share experiences and tips, and help each other make the most out of Mapillary. Our community is full of helpful and smart people that have a lot to share. Enjoy!

Here is a short guide for you to get around the Mapillary community forum.

1. Get familiar with the forum and see if another user has raised the same topic before. Use search and it is done in a few seconds.

2. Categories are also a quick way to find what you are looking for.

3. To post a question or join a discussion you need to sign up.

4. Sign up also to get notified of the latest forum posts and topics that are of interest to you.

5. Make sure to follow the guidelines we have set up.

6. The forum is first and foremost meant for connecting with other community members. If you are looking for instructions on using Mapillary, we suggest that you start with our Help Pages. If you want to report bugs or issues, please contact us at support@mapillary.com.

Enjoy the discussions!

/the Mapillary team

Hi everyone and thanks for having built this forum.

I discovered it by browsing the closed issues of the GitHub repository, just after having opened two issues that are actually suggestions for the app and the website. Should I close and move them here?

Hi! Happy to see that you found our forum. We are just in the phase of setting it up and will hopefully today communicate with the Mapillary community. We would love the suggestions here in the forum and then keep issues and bugs on support. So feel free to move and close them.

All other input on how we can make this forum a great place is very much welcome.

Thanks!
Sandra

1 Like

Greetings: How can I search on all of the tracks that a specific user (I know their user name) has mapped, on the world map?

Thank you and keep up the great work. I have a few Mapillary tracks posted and as a geographer and GIS educator I love this tool.

Joseph K

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you for the kind words!
To search for a single user’s sequences on the map, open any of his/her photos and choose the “Map” view from the top. Then choose “User filter” from the right-hand menu and voila! You can filter out all of a specific user’s tracks.

Best wishes,
Katrin

1 Like

Thanks Katrin. I don’t see the User Filter - so I thought I had to perhaps be logged in - so I tried that too but still didn’t see a User Filter capability.

Also I can’t find my own contributions easily either. I have a mental map where I know where I have collected data, and can go there on the map, but if I wanted a listing of all my tracks that are hyperlinked to the map, that would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Joseph Kerski

@josephmaps, you’re not the only one having trouble finding it: Map with my sequences - #6 by de_vries

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.