Web uploads not arrived: cut at 999 images

Past week I uploaded several large sequences using the web interface. Now I see that only the first 999 images are published?

What happended to the hundreds of other images I uploaded?? There are no images waiting to process anymore in my account.

(My sequences contain mostly more than 2500 images each)

2 Likes

Have experienced the same problem with the web uploader in New Edge recently.

Had in previous weeks found that of be it 2500 or 4500 pics in a batch, only some 999 were shown on the world map, even if I waited for like four days.

In the early hours of 16 June uploaded four smaller batches, of 995, 990, 986 and 978 photos respectively; when returning to the web uploader in the morning found that the Publish button referred to only 957, 934, 911 and 887 pics to be uploaded.

Had a similar experience a few days earlier - at which time I believed it might be my mistake, didn’t make note of date/time - where of 991, 956 and 774 pics only 692, 711 and 596 were to be published.

Similar for the Desktop uploaded, where several sequences haven’t appeared yet, in spite of having been uploaded ten or more days ago and Status in the app states ‘Complete’ - will go over that list later, and specify which uploads have so far failed to appear, which only appeared in part.

@Brenna, @asturksever : would you be able to bring this to the attention of whoever does clever things with the upload server, please, as there are ten of thousands of pics waiting on my end, and as my internet account only supports 295kB/sec with a 100GB/mo cap (volume between midnight and 10am counting as half), any opportunity missed is “wasted forever” …

Met vriendelijke groet (Dutch for ‘with friendly greeting’),

2 Likes

You are right. Now I tried to upload partial sequences below 999 files, after the upload the system even ‘forgets’ a couple of files at the beginning or end of that sequence. Very strange things are happening. New upload procedures with bugs?

1 Like

@micmin1972 @koninklijke

Recently, Mapillary has started to check duplicated files in order to prevent duplicated files. All uploading tools check duplications and uploading session fails if at least one image is a duplicate. You will be getting notification email regarding this file so you can remove these files for uploading your files without duplication. As you might know, Web and Desktop Uploader uses mapillary_tools as "engine” there this duplication rule applies for uploading methods.

I strongly recommend you to use the latest version of Desktop Uploader (1.2.7) which filters duplicated images and does not upload these images to Mapillary if you have doubt that you might have duplication in your uploading folder.

If you are keen on to use Web Uploader. Web Uploader works simply like below;

1- Browse images
2- Review images
3- Upload images
4- Publish images

If there will be any duplication among your files, this session will be failed, your images will be uploaded but not published on Mapillary. You will be notified by email if there is any duplication with the file name and image key.

There are two ways to handle this duplication issue.

1-Removing your duplicated file from Mapillary

You can delete duplicated files from Mapillary. I’m aware this is workaround solution at the moment.

• Go to image using image key which you receive on the duplication email
    Mapillary
  • Delete duplicated image
  • Hit Try Again on Web Uploader

If you have " A server error occurred " Clicking Try Again can help you to publish your images unless there are no duplication in your uploaded files.

2-Removing your duplicated file from your upload.

This solution requires re-uploading all imagery one again without duplication.

• Refresh your Web Uploader session on your browser
  • Delete all file which are uploaded
  • Upload all images without duplication
  • Publish your images

Please let me know if this helps. If you think that your successfully uploaded your images but they are not published yet, please contact support@mapillary.com for further clarification.

Best,
Said

1 Like

Hi…I am absolutely sure I removed my duplicates [consecutive images within 6 meters] before uploading. So it does not explain the 999 upload ‘limit’ and forgetting quite some images.

Maybe can you tell me what the ‘duplicate’ criteria settings of the upload engine are?

Btw. I never received any emails about specific files being a duplicate.

1 Like

I have a similar problem: only the first 999 or 1000 files are uploaded. Even more, after uploading other sequences, since several days ago I received the following error when I try to upload other images:

Processing of your upload failed

Some of the images in your upload failed to process. This means your upload will not be processed further and will not be published. Please remove the following images that failed to process, and start a new upload without them:

and a list of files, from the number 1001 to the latest file. But I cannot delete any files in the upload, the only action button is “Start new upload”, which raises tghe same error window once and again.

1 Like

Mapillary / Facebook tries to limit the upload of duplicates (which I can understand very well) but the implementation of it seems not very well right now.

E.g. I always remove my duplicates within 6 meters in driving direction using python before uploading. So I checked which files were skipped in one of my latest sequence uploads and they were images in the reverse direction on the same road. So did their algorithm labelled them ‘duplicate’? Strange.

1 Like

And now the web uploader does not work any more.
I dare not use the desktop uploader.
It is going down the drain.

1 Like

web uploader does still work for me today, but there seem to be a lot of changes that have been applied to their uploader. But It works for me when:

• I prepare a batch less than 999 files
  • Prepare the batch manually before uploading so no duplicates are present

and even then several images are removed automatically after uploading, not sure why…

1 Like

I am stuck in a vicious circle.
“Some of the images in your upload failed to process. This means your upload will not be processed further and will not be published. Please remove the following images that failed to process, and start a new upload without them:”
They really want me to search 30 files among 999 files.
Have they gone out of their mind ?

It is time to fire some people at Mapillary.
Releases are untested, and make things worse.

3 Likes

What are duplicates ?

1 Like

Sorry for the frustrations everyone. I know the current workflow to handle this is far from ideal. We’re working to resolve this.

Having a system to handle duplicate uploads was very important for us to improve the quality of data on Mapillary, but the way it has been implemented needs work.

In the meantime, I’m curious to get a sense of what are the reasons people prefer the Web Uploader over the Desktop Uploader. Apart from those on Linux who have to use the Web Uploader, are there other things about the Web Uploader that make it your uploader of choice?

2 Likes

I think you should make clear that the Desktop Uploaded is the preferred method for uploading. Last time I tried to use the web uploader, for no good reason, to be honest, and it was slow, until it failed. Then I used the Desktop Uploader and it worked fine. Maybe you could mention this in the web uploader interface.

1 Like

Do you have a sequence where images have been removed so I can check?

When I started contributing images for use in perfecting OpenStreetMap, Mapillary was suggested as the best place; at the time there was the choice between a legacy uploader, the web uploader, and some - -was it perl or python?- tools which were beyond my knowledge to use.

At some point a desktop uploader was mentioned in forum posts, tried (was it version 1.9.n?) which took very long (couple of hours) to prepare say 4400 images for upload, with no discernible gain in upload speed / reduction in time needed to upload, and in addition it created one folder per image with in each folder something like 23 files charting progress : deleting the 100.000 or so files from a 4400 pic upload takes yonks - irrespective whether the computer deletes 100 or 300 files per second.

= = =

Tried v 1.2.4, where I found that some sequences just didn’t appear on the map - not even after like 3 or 4 days.
Found similar for the web uploader : in both instances like 999 or 1499 pics out of be it 2500 or 4400 were on display after three days.

Now diverge from desktop vs web uploader to duplicate removal : took the time to find the last pic in a batch which appeared on the map, then re-uploaded the remainder - there may well have been a duplicate at the junction between shown, and not shown on map. As long as it concerns a couple of pics overlap : just delete those : they’re not malignant, are they?

And if I wanted to inflate the number of pics : upload the daily ride to the shops - different shop each day - would be far more effective.

Have couple of days ago sent a mail to support, c/o Saïd, with a number of incomplete sequences; some of these have now appeared, others seem lost forever.

Hope this helps? If not : ask!

Dear Peter,
Sent a mail, detailing a number of mislaid sequences to support@mapillary on Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 17:19:09 +0200 ; would be happy to copy+paste the list here?

= = =
Copy+paste from mail mentioned above :

= = =

Dear Support (frequently Dear Saïd),

Mentioned in a reply to a forum post on Saturday that parts of some series of uploaded photos were missing, and promised to look into this and compile a list at some point. Herewith a list of batches of photos uploaded over the past weeks; the date is the date the photos were taken.

This message was researched and written on the Saturday evening, held back to read again the next day, check for inconsistencies; have now seen Saïd’s message to Micmin and myself, not amended this message as I will respond to that separately.

Mapillary Desktop uploader

2020-04-15 - looks complete

2020-05-02 : more missing, but looks like uploaded via Web-browser uploader (as I can’t see the . mapillary folder) : Mapillary does show from the start of the batch in my folder at 16:01 till 16:21 , and 16:51 - 16:57 ; thus missing 16:21 till 16:51 - south of the river Rupel, extends till east of the river Zenne, where there is a new flood control ‘polder’.

2020-05-02 : the 4424 item return journey along the Schelde river from 17:00 till 18:54 was uploaded according to the log files in the .mapillary folder, but only the 17:18 till 17:27 pics are shown on the green dots/line : any news on the remainder, please? Desktop Uploader shows the batch as Complete …

2020-05-07 - incomplete : Desktop Uploader shows two batches, 3575 and 2522 pics = 6097 , while my folder contains 6843 ; Uploaded status = complete, gap in M’s green dots/line between 17:52 and 18:00 - missing some 450 pics, [hence more must be missing (correct, had the GoPro running while waiting at the level crossing, from 18:21 till 18:26 = approx. 300 removed as you could barely see the grass grow … )]

2020-05-09 - looks complete ; three batches : 606, 2350 and 5325 hero 2018 pics, can’t see the TG5 single shots ??

2020-05-14 - looks complete ; 830 + 6434 pics, can’t see the TG5 single shots ??

2020-05-16 - looks complete ; sequence cut has (fortunately!!) overlooked the TG5 single shots - still kilometres of connecting lines, but may be the only way for OSM mappers to find those …

2020-05-30 - looks complete ; two batches : 3847 + 3805 hero 2018 pics, can’t see the TG5 single shots ??

2020-06-01 - begin to see where things fall down : the single shots with the TG5 will have the same date/time and lat/lon values, as they’re geotagged from the same Garmin etrex10 track-log- which is the most accurate I can get; take 2020-06-01 10-37-49 : in the Hero 2018 batch it shows just a narrow tarmac strip with a wide sand verge ahead, while in the TG5 batch it shows a sideways shot of a forest track, fence and gate.
OK. seem to have put a finger on the ‘lost’ TG5 pics on stretches of roads where I’ve taken single shots of particular details along or to the side of the road while the Hero was also running and either looking straight ahead or also pointed towards the same subject? Or did I?

2020-06-04 - here we have both the single pics connected by kilometres of lines (@sequence cut? actually, those lines may be the only way for OSM-mappers to find the TG5 pics!!) - does that disprove …

That’s the end of the entries from the Desktop Uploader History page checked; now on to the various SD-cards and USB-sticks which I used to upload pics from a very energy efficient Pentium Silver 2-in-1 flip-book:

Mapillary Web-based Uploader

2020-04-18 : ‘bruyns gedaan’ : part visible, part not to be seen on mapillary’s green lines/dots yet ; have split that into ‘part done’ and ‘2do’. visible 15:27 - 15:44 then resumes at 16:24 - 16:41 ; there also are pics 15:44 till 15:51 and 16:02 - 16:07 which show ‘new’ streets , the uphill struggle 16:07 till 16:11 barely adds to the sequence taken a couple of days earlier - different weather, that’s all in retrospect - 16:15 - 16:19 is a different path, looks easy to cycle down to start with, then narrows and gets steeper, thus needs to be marked on OSM as unsuitable for general cycling , the rest 16:19 till 16:24 again largely the same as before apart from weather.

2020-04-18 bruyns paepe 2do : 16:41 - 16:44 is new , as is 16:54 - 16:57 which looks in more detail at the new development (the footpaths to the communal entrances are shown as service roads on OSM, but they’re not ; there is a local OSM mapper in that area, so these may be superfluous) ; from 17:21 you get a back street, a new cycle path, and a road which was public but where part has now become private / no access. that series continues till it meets up with the beginning at 17:47, and it isn’t clear why it isn’t shown?

2020-04-19 : Mapillary shows 16:03 till 16:20 , but full batch was till 17:37 : what happened to the rest, please?

2020-04-26 : looks complete

2020-04-30 - starts at 14:54 and continues to 15:49 ,

2020-06-06 Zoersel hero 2018 : visible from start of batch till 12:33 , and from 12:43 : bit in between is also now a new ‘fietsstraat’, despite having been photographed some weeks earlier, when it wasn’t yet. [NOTE : this concerns the eastern part of the Kasteellei in Wijnegem, south of the Albertcanal]

2020-06-06 Zoersel TG5 : visible on Mapillary till 14:28 , then from 18:27 onwards (final pic shows how people thought about safety over the centuries : initially, a Holy Mother statue at the corner, then a little light over it, and now a 24/7 dome camera); the pics in the nature reserve may not show all that many traffic signs, but do contain images (for example of the circular wall around the pond, and of the ‘shelter’ which can help OSM, while the other pics do at the least show ‘nothing to see here’?

2020-06-12 Zoersel Halle : both the Hero 2018 and TG5 batches look complete

2020-06-14 : so far only uploaded four batches, each just under 1000 pics : 200614 5p1, 5p2, 5p3 and h01 with 995, 990, 986 and 988 pics, of which 957, 934, 911 and 887 were published (as stated on the ‘publish nnn images’ screen) : what happened to the rest, please? Were the last ones omitted or , ? Yes, they were, missing from 12:17 till 12:22 , 14:22 till 14:36 and 17:32 - 18:04 in the TG5 series, and from 12:10 for the first Hero 2018 series - thus missing a new Fietsstraat (cycle street) behind the schools.

Could’ve thought of nicer ways to spend the Saturday evening, but these missing uploads are irksome, and forum posts by e.g. micmin and filip/philippe show that I’m not the only one experiencing this problem, thus hope that by specifying the series of missing pics, and the approximate times (mapillary only shows the minutes, not the seconds for each pic) ‘the support team’ can put a finger on what causes the missing pics in some of the batches.

With as ever ‘Vriendelijke groet’, (Dutch for '; with friendly greeting),

First, how do I know the version of Desktop Uploader?

Around June 21, I intended to use the Desktop Uploader to upload 44 photos. There are no duplicates.
All photos are visible from the links below.

However, even a few days later, when I look at Map on Mapillary (Mapillary), even if I look at Feed and Uploads, the corresponding data does not exist.

I always delete the “.mapillary” folder, which is a group of log files, immediately because the disk system load is high.
So even after checking the photo folder after the fact, I wasn’t sure if it was uploaded.

Therefore, I uploaded again those on 6/25.
I uploaded and “Complete” was indicated by Desktop Uploader, but again, the corresponding photo does not appear in the map, Feed, or Uploads.
After that, I received an email titled “Mapillary images or videos you tried to import failed”.
There was a description such as “duplicate image file(s) detected,” in the contents.

After that, I discovered the existence of this discussion on the bulletin board.

If I didn’t upload it on 6/21, I don’t know the reason for the failure indicated by “Mapillary images or videos you tried to import failed”.
Or if I was uploading on 6/21, I don’t know why there isn’t a corresponding photo on the map, Feed or Uploads.

In any case, I can be confident that this new feature is implemented incorrectly.

I’m not going to follow the detailed steps of deleting each one and doing the upload operation again. The “.mapillary” folder has been deleted, so I think it is impossible to execute it.
I give up these data.
The same photo uploaded to Google Street View is fine, so it’s ok. (Google マップ)
I want to go to the next fun place early and shoot.

The attached photo is a screenshot of the “mapillary_import_summary.json” file that I forgot to delete after the upload operation on June 25.
As you have attached, 44 photos have been uploaded.

If you look at “mapillary_import_summary.json”, you will see 44 successes except for the step “import_meta_process”.
The “.mapillary” folder has been deleted, so the contents cannot be examined.

Screen Shot

Using the desktop uploader files have failed to upload for two different reasons for me:

1. images are in the same position as previous ones (happens at a stop or rarely it appears my camera app doesn’t acquire a new position and just replicates the previous one)
  2. there is a problem with the exif thumbnail. This error has been mentioned long time ago already on github. The uploader does not give any helpful hint on this. But if you use exiftool (exiftool -thumbnailimage= IMG_nnn.jpg) to remove the offending thumbs the pictures get uploaded without problem.

The latter happens to ~1-5% of my pictures varying by batch. Maybe this is also the cause of your lost pictures.

Mapillaryに新たな重複チェックが導入されました。
アップロード後、Web公開されるまでのステップに導入された機能であるようです。
新規にアップロードする画像にのみ適用されています。
既にWeb公開されているものには影響しないようです。

その、サーバー側での「厳しい重複チェック」とは、セッション内に画像の重複があると判断した場合には、そのセッション全ての写真をWeb非公開のままで保留する、という措置です。

セッションとは、今まで私がシーケンスと呼んでいたものとほぼ同義のようです。
ただし、シーケンスが1000枚を超える場合には、1000枚程度ごとに切断したものを1つのセッションとして扱っているようです。

この判定は、アップロードの操作がすべて完了した後に行われるものです。

最新バージョンの Desktop Uploader (1.2.7) では、サーバー側での「厳しい重複チェック」と同等の重複チェックが行われて、
重複と判断された画像を除いたセッションとしてアップロードされるようです。
ですから、最新バージョンの Desktop Uploader を使用すれば、セッションが丸ごとWeb非表示になってしまう被害には遭わないのだと思います。

しかし、Desktop Uploader のバージョンを知る方法が私にはありません。現在、質問中です。
6/24頃にPCで「Desktop Uploaderの最新バージョンが使用可能です」というポップアップを見たことがあるなぁ、という記憶しかありません。

また、Web Uploader には重複排除の機能はまだ備わっていないようです。
私はそれは使用していないため、asturkseverが投稿した以下のコメントを読んだところによると、
重複した画像を排除した上で再度セッションの全画像のアップロード処理を行うことで、アップロード出来るようです。

以下にasturkseverが書いていることが全く正しいのだと思います。
http://mapillary.trydiscourse.com/t/web-uploads-not-arrived-cut-at-999-images/4165/4?u=potaro67v
私は、asturkseverさんはMapillaryの中の人だとばかり思っていたのですが、もしかしたら、トップレベルのユーザーなのでしょうか???

しかし、Desktop Uploader のバージョンが(1.2.7)であることの確認方法が私には見つからないので、その確認方法を質問しました。
http://mapillary.trydiscourse.com/t/web-uploads-not-arrived-cut-at-999-images/4165/17?u=potaro67v
しかし、18時間経った現在、まだ回答はありません。

このコメントで私が触れているトラブル例は、2m間隔で撮影した静止画44枚で構成されているセッションです。
Google Street Viewへのアップロードが正常にできていることは、コメント中に示したとおりです。
位置情報も44枚ともすべて異なっています。( = Exif情報もすべての画像で異なっている、ということです)

そのようなセッション全体をエラーとしてWeb非表示にしてしまうということは、現在の
サーバー側での「厳しい重複チェック」
が、明らかに間違った判断をしていることを示しています。

このような「重複が存在していない」セッション(シーケンス)がエラーになる件は、asturkseverのコメント中では想定していません。
また、上記の掲示板での他のユーザーの嘆きにも、重複が存在しないのにセッション丸ごとWeb非表示という被害に遭っている方が多いのだと思います。
残念なことです。

◆◆

さて、Desktop Uploader (1.2.7)(たぶん)での重複チェックの機能をチェックします。
テストを行った結果から、私は現在の処理内容について以下のような推測をしました。

■重複の判定は、EXIF情報のみで行っている(画像の内容は見ていない)

この推測結果は、私が現在独自に行っている動画処理~アップロードの作業には影響がないということを示しています。
同じく、多くのDesktop Uploader 利用者も安泰です。
私はこの結果に満足です。また仕様変更されることがありませんように。

その前提は、Desktop Uploader を通常の方法で使用した場合には、そこを通過したセッションはサーバーでWeb非表示の措置がなされることはない、というものです。
つまり、サーバーよりもDesktop Uploaderのほうが判定基準が厳しいか、または同一であることが前提です。

そうではない場合には、不本意にセッション丸ごとWeb非表示になってしまう被害者が頻発することになります。
私は対処できるけど、一般の方々が被害を受けると可哀想です。

テスト用の画像はこのようにして準備しました。

さて、テストを始めます。

◆01.(5枚) ノーマル
1f-5f
Publish Completed

時刻表記は複数枚で同一です(4.91fpsのため)。しかしすべての写真がアップロード出来ました。
位置情報は、隣接した写真ではほんの10cm程度の差で並んでいます。

◆02.(6枚) 違う画像でEXIF情報が同じもの
6f-11f
1枚しかアップロードされませんでした。(6fのみ)

この結果より、重複はEXIFで判断しているものと推測できる。
Desktop Uploader操作のスクリーンキャプチャ : bandicam 2020-06-27 01-16-59-885 - YouTube

◆03.(7枚) 既にアップロード済みのものと一部重複するもの
1f-5f,12f,13f
Desktop Uploaderは、画像ファイルのフォルダ名を、そのアプリ内で記録していると考えられます。
そのため、同一フォルダ(パス)からの複数回のアップロードは、処理せずにエラーを返します。
しかし、フォルダ名(パス名)が異なれば別のものとして扱ってくれます。
また、Desktop Uploader内での重複チェックはPCのみでの判断であり、Mapillaryサーバーにアップロード済の画像とのチェックは行われていないようです。
そのため、アップロード前に重複ファイルがカットされることはなく、7画像すべてがアップロードされました。
Desktop Uploader操作のスクリーンキャプチャ : bandicam 2020-06-27 05-54-57-468 - YouTube
そして、サーバーでのチェックにより重複が発見されたとのエラーメールが届きました。
エラーメール : Dropbox - File Deleted
このセッションは、7枚全てがWeb非表示です。
Dropbox - File Deleted

◆04.(2枚) 重複を除いてから同一フォルダを使用して再度アップロード
12f,13f
(1f-5fを一旦退避して、03のテストと同一フォルダからアップロードしました。ログはそのままにしてあります)
Desktop Uploader操作のスクリーンキャプチャ : bandicam 2020-06-27 06-15-59-832 - YouTube
「Folder already uploaded」のエラーになります。
(その後、一旦退避した 1f-5fを元に戻しました)
このようなエラーになった場合には、「重複したファイルを削除してから再度アップロードする」という、Web Uploader のような再処理方法は出来ないということです。

◆05.(2枚) Web非表示の既にアップロード済みのものと一部重複するもの
12f,13f
テスト03でアップロード済ですが、Web非表示になっている2画像を使用します。
Desktop Uploaderの操作は完了しました。
Desktop Uploader操作のスクリーンキャプチャ : bandicam 2020-06-27 06-25-09-304 - YouTube
Dropbox - File Deleted
Mapillary

◆06.(8枚) 同一の画像で、EXIFのみ異なるもの(同一時刻の画像はある)
14f-21f
ただし、画像は14fのものを全てにコピーし、14f-21fのEXIFはそのまま使用する。
Desktop Uploaderの操作は完了しました。
Desktop Uploader操作のスクリーンキャプチャ : bandicam 2020-06-27 06-52-24-077 - YouTube
Dropbox - File Deleted
Mapillary
(同じ画像で、位置情報違いの8枚です)

今日のテストはここまで。
この仕様が変化ないならば、私の現在の作業にはなんの障害にもなりません。
ここ一週間のトラブルが移行期の一時的なものであることを期待します。

この観点とテスト内容とをここに公開してしまったわけですから、特にテスト06についてはMapillaryさんはいい顔をしないかもしれませんね。
しかしこれが私にとっては大事なことなのです。
動画を3分毎に分割しながら長時間出来る仕組みを、私は持っています。
その分割時に僅かな時間の隙間が出来ます。その隙間をダミーフレーム(同一の画像を使用するしか無いでしょう)で埋めることを認めてもらえると、処理効率が高くなるのです。

以上、レポート終わり。

1 Like

I would like to introduce my first mass upload work (using a desktop uploader) after the introduction of a new strict duplicate check in Mapillary by last week.

There is no change in the operation method with the desktop uploader so far.
In addition, the trouble that causes various troubles for every 500 sheets is still occurring.

先週、Mapillaryに新たな厳重な重複チェックが導入された後の、私の最初の大量アップロード作業(デスクトップアップローダー使用)をご紹介します。

今までのデスクトップアップローダーと、操作方法は変更ありません。
また、500枚刻みで様々なトラブルが発生するという障害の存在にも変化はありません。
そして、同じEXIF情報を持つ画像がカットされてしまう、という動作も、以前との違いはありません。この機能は以前からインプリメントされていました。

デスクトップアップローダーを使用して、位置情報を付加した2983枚の静止画をアップロードした例を示します。
デスクトップアップローダーのバージョンを知りたいのですが、私にはそれを調べる方法がありません。
デスクトップアップローダーを使用しようとしたときに「最新版が存在します」というメッセージを見た記憶がありますが、具体的にはどのようにアップデートされたのかが私にはわかりません。

では、アップロード時のスクリーンキャプチャを示します。退屈な動画ですので、時刻ごとの要点を先に書いておきます。

00’04" アップロード処理開始。まずは事前の準備にかなり時間が掛かります。
05’08" サーバーへの転送開始。アップロード速度が遅いです。
31’31" 500枚を目前にして、アップロードが止まります。
50’20" 何回かアップロードキャンセルをしてから再度アップロードを開始することによって、先に進むことが出来ます。
1:05’30" やっと、本来のアップロード速度に達しました。しかし、私のネットワークの能力いっぱいではありません。Mapillary側の受け入れが遅いだけです。
1:06’10" 1000枚でも
1:12’20" 1500枚でも、なにかサーバー側でデータ受け入れを躊躇していることが想像できます。
1:18’43" 2000枚でも。
1:25’00" しかし2500枚は何事もなく通過しました。
1:29’05" アップロード完了しました。

アップロードした結果の Street-level Imagery は以下のようになりました。

以前のコメント( http://mapillary.trydiscourse.com/t/web-uploads-not-arrived-cut-at-999-images/4165/19?u=potaro67v ) の「テスト◆06」で確認したかったのは、以下のURLから始まる30フレームのような、動画の自動分割によるギャップを埋める私独自の処理への対処でした。
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/fnyhu94bjnE87ErqqOna6U
現在の「厳重な重複チェック」でも、無事に、私が思った通りの Street-level Imagery が作成されています。安心しました。

このように、Mapillaryシステムは、既存の異常の存在も含めて今までと同じ動作をしていると私は考えています。

しかし、新たな厳重な重複チェックの導入作業が行われていた期間である数日間には、Mapillaryのアップロードシステム全体(特にサーバー側)の動作には異常が存在していたと思います。
同じ方法でアップロードしたシーケンスが重複エラーになりました。
以前のコメント ( http://mapillary.trydiscourse.com/t/web-uploads-not-arrived-cut-at-999-images/4165/17?u=potaro67v )でも触れている通り、以下のようなメールが届き、Webには未だに公開されていません。
I received an email titled “Mapillary images or videos you tried to import failed”.
There was a description such as “duplicate image file(s) detected,” in the contents.

デスクトップアップローダーでアップロードされたデータは、今回インプリメントされた「厳重な重複チェック」でエラーになることはないはずであると私は考えています。
しかし、私は、重複エラーと判断されてWeb公開を保留されているデータを持っています。
他のユーザーにも当然、同様の障害が発生していると思われます。

ログファイルは、私のポリシーにより、「アップロードが完了したら削除する」ことにしていますので、ログの確認は私の手元では不可能です。
もし、Mapillary社員の方がこの異常に興味を持ってくれるならば、サーバー内での私のデータを直接調べてください。
私自身がなにか作業を行って、この画像の再アップロードなどの対処をする予定はありません。もともとこれらのデータには重複と判断される要素は存在していません。
私の以前のコメントに dropboxのリンクを載せてあり、私がアップロードした写真(そして、Web公開が保留されている写真)はそこから確認できます。

今回の新機能インプリメントのための過渡期の期間はそんなに長くないはずです。
その期間に発生した全エラー(そして、Webに公開しないという措置がされているデータ)について、サーバー側で見直しを行うことを、私は提案します。

最後の部分のみ、英訳して付加します。

In this way, I believe that the Mapillary system behaves the same as before, including the presence of existing anomalies.

However, I think that the operation of the entire Mapillary upload system (especially the server-side) was abnormal during the several days during which the new strict duplicate check was being introduced.
A sequence uploaded in the same way resulted in a duplicate error.
As mentioned in the previous comment (http://mapillary.trydiscourse.com/t/web-uploads-not-arrived-cut-at-999-images/4165/17?u=potaro67v ), as below, I received an email and it is not published on the Web yet.
I received an email titled “Mapillary images or videos you tried to import failed”.

I believe that the data uploaded by the desktop uploader should not fail with the “strict duplicate check” that implemented this time.
However, I have data that has been placed on NO web publishing due to a duplicate error.
Of course, other users were likely to have similar failures.

By my policy, the log files are “deleted when the upload is completed because the amount of log files is huge”, so it is impossible for me to check the log file.
If a Mapillary engineer would be interested in this anomaly, please look directly at my data on the server.
I have no plans to do anything to re-upload these images. Originally, there was no element judged to be duplicate in these data.
I’ve included a dropbox link in my previous comment, and you can see the photos I uploaded (and photos pending web publishing).

The transition period for implementing this new feature should not be that long.
I suggest doing a server-side review of all errors (and any data that you’re prepared not to publish on the web) that occurred during that period.