Video uploads not working?

I’ve been using the video upload also but not always with 100% satisfaction. Sometimes the sequence shows up, sometimes it does not. In those cases I upload again after some days/weeks… but also not always sequences showing up.
It would be nice to receive some feedback on the uploaded video so that I know what the status is.
Can someone tell what the status is of fixing the issues?

http://legacy.mapillary.com/map/upload/vi

1 Like

Hi @peewee32 - can you please send some information to support@mapillary.com about this issue? Would be great to know when you uploaded those videos that still haven’t showed up, how many they were and also how big the files were approximately. We’ll look into it for you but this is more a support issue than forum discussion, which is why I’m asking you to send an email. Thanks!

OK. I’ve just sent an e-mail.

Cheers
Peewee32

1 Like

I’m wondering if the video processing has got stuck again. I’ve uploaded 2 videos. One about a week ago, and one I yesterday (8th March 2017) and neither have shown up yet.

The video upload is now starting to come through.

It would be useful to note video uploads in the activity stream.

@smsm1 You should be getting notifications about your video uploads getting on the map, is this not happening? Do you only see the photos appear on your profile?

I’m seeing the the photo addition notifications. What I’m suggesting is an additional event in the notification stream to show that the video has been uploaded including when.

I see! As for now, we’ve decided to notify only once during upload, and that is when you’re photos have been processed to reach the map.

1 Like

So, what is the current status of video uploads? Are they working at the moment? I have uploaded three 30 minute sequences about an hour ago and I have received no notification so far. Do I just wait or do I upload them again?

Hi @herrtichy - did your uploads show up? It takes longer for video uploads than image uploads since for videos, we first need to harvest images from the video. Also, with specific issues, I suggest you write to us at support@mapillary.com to receive help sooner. Since the purpose of this forum is community discussions, some threads can go unnoticed by our team for a while (as in this case).

I have some small comments on improving the video downloader(legacy.mapillary.com***)
1 When I synchronize a track with a video, black appears in the satellite map view window at maximum zoom. This is quite inconvenient when you want to achieve high quality map binding.
2 Only the start time of the gps track is displayed, it is worth adding the end time of the track and there may be a time slider(the current time).

On Saturday and Sunday I had extremely unsuccessful downloads, for all the time I was introduced to the video uploader. Sent a report to the mail …

Hi. I’m also having problems with the legacy video uploader. The photo sequences start in the beginning of the track, not where you place the start icon in the map. So all my last sequences are wrong. I contacted support but still waiting for an answer.

1 Like

Two weeks have passed since I signed up to Mapillay. At first the video upload was successful. Because the tutorial video on the below is so easy to understand that I was able to upload a large video from the beginning without making any mistakes.

However, all video uploads have failed since Mar 15, 2019.
My work on alignment with GPS data is as complete as before, but the coordinates of Street Level Imagery are quite different.
The video uploaded yesterday also failed.

According to other information, it seems that the previous data can not be used after Mar 29, 2019. I am very worried.

3 Likes

@mikelo @potaro67v @man_from_barnaul

I’ve let the dev team know about the issues happening with the legacy uploader recently. As of right now, I don’t have a guarantee on when these issues may be fixed. We are currently working on video support for the desktop uploader, though the first release will be for Blackvue cameras only. We’re hoping to have general video support through the desktop upload later this year, however I don’t have a timeframe to quote just yet as many things need to be done to make this happen.

For the time being, I recommend looking into mapillary_tools as an alternative for video uploading. I know it’s not as intuitive as the legacy uploader, however it’s currently our preferred and supported method of video uploads.

If you run into any more issues with the legacy uploader please let me know and I will do what I can to track it and bring it to the attention of the team. I’ll also do what I can to offer support for using mapillary_tools.

Thanks for your patience and understanding with this!

2 Likes

Hello,
Do we have any news about uploading videos to Mapillary? @Brenna recommeds using mapillary_tools instead of the legacy uploader, but there is a problem that is blocking us, mapillary_tools fails trying to process BlackVue and GoPro videos on Windows.
I’m still trying to find a way to process and upload videos to Mapillary.
Thank you.

1 Like

I do not install them at all, most likely because of the 32bit window. I would like to see an example of using mapillary tools on YouTube. Video + gps = the most accurate and beautiful sequence.

Hey @mikelo – Have you updated mapillary_tools recently? I was having issues with my own blackvue uploads the other week but updated mapillary_tools and things pushed through. Let me know. I will try to pinpoint what’s happening.

1 Like

Thank you @Brenna I updated mapillary_tools and now it works.

That’s the process I use now to upload my GoPro Session videos. I write it down in case someone finds it interesting:

• Go to the legacy uploader to sync the video with the MapBoxSatellite map (do not upload).
  • Go to the beginning of the video and copy the Video time. Add 12 hours if the video was taken in the afternoon.
  • Go to Date to milliseconds converter and get the Unix Epoch Time tag.
  • Then execute this command, with the time tag in the end:

mapillary_tools video_process --video_import_path GOPR2904.MP4 --user_name mikelo --interpolate_directions --advanced --geotag_source gpx --geotag_source_path Move.gpx --device_make GoPro --device_model Session4 --overwrite_EXIF_gps_tag --video_sample_interval 0.5 --video_start_time 1554032824130

• Wait until it extracts all pictures and writes the EXIF tag.
  • And then, execute this to upload (or use the desktop uploader):

mapillary_tools upload --import_path mapillary_sampled_video_frames\GOPR2904

The process is quite cumbersome, but at least I found a way to upload videos.

Thank you again.

6 Likes

I describe my way of how to get the legacy uploader to work properly.
http://mapillary.trydiscourse.com/t/bugreport-video-upload/2876/7

3 Likes