Unusual sightings in Mapillary photos

A wild animal perhaps?

One of my first thoughts was that she might have hit a deer, which isn’t unheard of. However, I didn’t see any signs of a carcass or blood. I don’t think enough time had passed for anyone to show up to haul away the body–the fire truck was already there simply because the station isn’t too far away. The sheriff hadn’t even arrived yet when I drove by. I suppose it’s possible that the animal (deer?) survived the impact and had run or limped away, which does sometimes happen, but from the damage to her car, it must’ve been a large one.

Google Street View car in the wild!

3 Likes

On my race bikes/speed bikes we pass/ overtake a female horse rider riding on a parallel track.

A few moments later she overtakes us saying “my horse does not like to be overtaken. It can run fast… over 60 km/h”

Completely surprised we decide to speed up a little till we are ready to overtake again.

She then decided it is time to realy speed things up and put on the turbo. My guess is that this horse realy can do 60 km/h… we loose :smile:

7 Likes

Are horses like dogs these days ? Do they have the final word ?

@peewee32 that’s a good story :smiley:

Just part of a highway that’s nice to drive. The tree canopy is really nice. Unfortunately, the sequences don’t do it justice.

1 Like

More humor from the drunk at the liquor store:

Haha :joy:

Time travel is already working, make sure to keep an eye on and add new! :wink: Mapillary

2 Likes

Deer is a good guess. But like @JackTheRipper pointed out, it doesn’t seem like there’s a dead deer around. Plus, from the pics it looks like maybe both windows are busted out. Did she have an engine fire?

For the Futurama fans, Bender

5 Likes

@allen No sign of a fire. You can’t see it well in the pics because I was approaching from the rear, but her front end was smashed in.

reindeers blocking my direction and tourists the other

3 Likes

Haha this is super good :smiley:

This guy’s vehicle: Mapillary

4 Likes

I just passed when an apple tree has been shaked that the apples fell down. :smile:

4 Likes

Strange, I only see a man on a stair, not a machine. How can he have such an impact ?

On the previous image you can see a tractor with a winch. That would be too strong for one person :smile:

Me on a Google Maps photo.
This is not a mise en scène.
I did not do it, it was not me.
https://www.google.be/maps/place/Bpost+Brussel/@50.906954,4.4074142,3a,75y/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipP7B1jj3YTY4mQMsjk0pPDqcCasKCY7TZpmz1xE!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipP7B1jj3YTY4mQMsjk0pPDqcCasKCY7TZpmz1xE%3Dw156-h117-k-no!7i4608!8i3456!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xc69ef22033db8ebc!8m2!3d50.906954!4d4.4074139!5m1!1e1

1 Like

Wait, how fast can I go???