Unusual sightings in Mapillary photos

Last weekend I was caught by another mapillary contributer (@AnkEric ):

Caught them as well:

3 Likes

mapping/capturing density in NL is amazing

@ligfietser: Interesting, did you (or your camera) fix the pitch, or did Mapillary?

What do you mean with fixing the pitch?

@ligfietser, With the image of ankeric I could see that the angle of your Insta360 ONE is about 45 degrees (and not vertical). But the horizon of the image is quite good, so the pitch has been corrected:

rollpitchyaw

I was wondering at which point that happend

1 Like

Yes the Insta360 One does correct it in the software (insta360 studio). But it is not always that good, see this image Mapillary When cycling it does a better job than when walking though.

Somehow I fell asleep behind the wheel, mapillary captured the scene:

(thanksfully nobody was hurted, but I was scared later realizing how closely I missed a car coming from the opposite direction. After tumbling in the ditch my car is wrecked beyond repair.)

4 Likes

I cannot beat previous post.
Here you see a little fruit catapulted ? in my direction.

It is clearer in the dashcam movie. I sent the movie to the local police.

In the last 5 years I fell three times with my bicycle while capturing. I am too ashamed to show the sequences. The last time it was over a geodetic metal point in the road.
I most certainly earn a medal.
And yes, my life is threatened by errors from both sides.

1 Like

Mapillary thinks that the airplane on a roof is a street light.

1 Like

You need some training :wink:. Done with bicycle*:

*opposite direction was done by foot.

I can do that on a unicycle.

1 Like

hahaha… well, if the airplane turns on it’s lights it would be, no? =-)

What’s the term for this sort of false positive in object recognition? I know that I’ve seen it but can’t remember it off the top of my head.

Mapillary really has a problem with ways of transport on roofs.
It thinks that the car is a building.

@kaitu, OMG, I’m glad you’re OK! Sorry about your car, but at least you’re alive.

That…has to be the most unique Mapillary image ever. And let’s keep it that way…

A pair of sheriff’s deputies with an SUV on the side of the road…but they weren’t giving her a ticket. Instead, they were helping change her tire. Which reminds me, I wanted to write Sheriff Talton a short letter giving kudos to his deputies for that.

1 Like

they’ve got fancy undercover dodges now

Want to “walk around” a (no, the :wink: ) Frisian harvesting festival?

I shot almost 6.000 pictures with my YI360. And a few in “image mode”, and the result is quite nice if I may say so :wink:

4 Likes

bold biker

1 Like

haha… getting all “bad ass” on a moped.

A giant rubber duck on the River Thames, UK:

/app/user/trekviewhq?pKey=jPrjUu9a4Zv1Zu0oOBYaDQ