So far, I'm disappointed in the Gear 360.
+ looks cool and is pretty small
+ no stitching is done on camera, means faster capture
+ time-lapse can do 2 fps
+ works with the Google Street View app (even on iOS)
- the companion app only works on Samsung devices
- the companion desktop app only works on Windows
- no stitching is done on camera, means it has to be processes later
- time-lapse produces a video (mp4) and not single images
- not really Open Spherical Camera (OSC) compliant. Does't implement all functions and some things are not according to the specification
- stitched photos are only ~10 MP (30 MP unstitched)
Right now my favourite is the LG 360, mostly because it is cheaper, fully follows the open OSC specification, and also does ~16 MP on-camera stitching. Biggest downside is 0,5 fps.