Tagging your best photos (and those of others)

Hi,
I would like to tag or star my best photos so I can quickly access them or have others view them. There are times where you drive through a stream or get a stunning vista and it would be great to share. It’s probably not a key component of mapping but I think it would highlight what has been done.

Perhaps limit users to tagging about 2% of their own content however allow users to tag as many other images as they like (within reason).

This would allow on your bio of your top pics along with the highest starred and would allow lists of top photos by country / state etc. Clearly it wont’ be scientific, just a way to share some great images.

I don’t want to include sequences, just the odd image here and there. Perhaps start slowly by allowing you to tag your own. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

yes, would be great, also to show these favorites on a map. So Mapillary will have similar functionality as Panoramio in the past…

1 Like

Thanks for this idea! We’ve been considering something similar ourselves, too. It’s great to know there is interest in that. However, you are also very right in that this is not a key component for mapping, which is why this feature will probably not be implemented in the near future. Nevertheless, I am adding this input to our ideas pool so it can be easily found at the right moment.

2 Likes

This is the problem. Mapillary needs data and at a voracious amount to make it viable. Humans need nurturing, encouragement and visual gratification. Whilst liking, tagging and view counts are superfluous to data, Mapillary needs humans and I hope that this can be implemented sooner rather than later due to the simplicity.

1 Like

They introduced a tagging possibility lately. But it is tagging by subject, object type. But it will be probably more simple now to implement a ‘favorite pic’ tag or something also.

1 Like

Yes please, leaving a comment to show appreciation is a bit complicated.
A simple “like” or “star” button would be nice

2 Likes