Setting a link on the Forum

I feel like a novice. I didn’t grow up with computers. I need at ask a 10 year old my question.
How do I place a link on the forums.
The above is my 37th attempt.

1 Like

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
Don’t post no-content replies.
Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

Sending a link will take some getting used to.
I worked through these two (while I’m parked within sight of 3 cell towers, uploading on all 3 phone/cameras)
If anyone has some insights as to posting links, I’m all ears.

Just paste the URL into the post box. You can see in the preview next to it if it works.

Also pasting an image from your clipboard automaticly uploads and displays it, nice.

Also above the post box there are icons for various things you can do to your post before submitting.

I’m not sure what the backend is but I found this forum to be very easy to use.

2 Likes

:smile: My grand sons 3.5 years knows better techniques to manage my mobile screen, plays better video games using the tools available!
Soon in a few years he would help improve my photography and the internet procedures … in this smarter era !

1 Like

@JBTheMilker Did you mean you’d like to put a link to your profile, directing to the forum? If this is the case, please use https://www.mapillary.com/app/settings/profile on the web; you can’t edit your profile on Android as for now.

Katrina said…
““Did you mean you’d like to put a link to your profile, directing to the forum?””

There is a much covetted badge to be earned for one who can figure out how to place a link on the Forum.
I have given this task quite some time and effort.
I can now copy and paste, I can upload a screen shot but still I have not struck on the desired link to get the badge.

Now I understand :smile:
You are trying to collect as many badges as possible :smiley:
There are 8 people who have that badge, not a clue how they got it

You guys seem to know something about this forum that I don’t :smiley: Please, fill me in - which badge are you talking about?

First Link Added an internal link to another topic

1 Like

Well done Harry! Give tbat man a badge!

It’s just putting in a link to another forum topic like this:

http://forum.mapillary.io/t/awesome-sequences/62/84

Not sure which top level domain it requires so it might also be

Example:

I sure would like to be able to do that.
I don’t know where to start.
(What I really want is the badge)

like this?

it doen’t seem to work
Maybe this works (with .io instaed of .com)

This seems to work, so it doesn’t work if you link to forum.mapillary.com You’ll have to link to forum.mapillary.io

@JBTheMilker: this is how you put a link on the forum

OK, let’s give it a try:

here is the link

1 Like

I did say in my previous post that I wasn’t sure if it was top level domain specific.