Mapillary tools not working?

Taking pictures with the Yi-Cam I have to add a track. Mapillary only accept the lagacy_cam track, I don not know why.
I use two cameras for 0° and 270° so i have to use two tracks, otherwise it will become a mess.
So I tried the mapillary tools to set the angel ° and 270° to the pictures.
.\mapillary_tools process --import_path " " --verbose --user_name wegavision --offset_angle -90 --use_gps_start_time
The tool produces 11 log-files for every picture:3 of them are not empty.
geotag_process:
{
“MAPCompassHeading”: {
“TrueHeading”: 270.0,
“MagneticHeading”: 270.0
},
“MAPLatitude”: 49.374453690006575,
“MAPAltitude”: 142.0,
“MAPLongitude”: 8.44748345998261,
“MAPCaptureTime”: “2019_06_27_14_14_27_000”
}
import_meta_data_process:
{
“MAPDeviceModel”: “YDXJ 1”,
“MAPDeviceMake”: “XIAOYI”,
“MAPOrientation”: 1,
“MAPMetaTags”: {
“strings”: [
{
“value”: “0.5.0”,
“key”: “mapillary_tools_version”
}
]
}
}
sequence_process.json:
{
“MAPCaptureTime”: “2019_06_27_14_14_27_000”,
“MAPSequenceUUID”: “59865718-c8de-47dd-ae11-da1b217dab94”,
“MAPCompassHeading”: {
“TrueHeading”: 270.0,
“MagneticHeading”: 270.0
}
}
So reading 270 I was happy. But on the map the viewing is still straight on.

Windows X + Android

Ok, have seen your post in the openstreetmap/germany forum first. The difference to your command here would be the --overwrite_EXIF_direction_tag option.
Geosetter shows the correct direction only when using this option, as it is reading the EXIF-tags.
In the log-files from the mapillary-tools mapillary_image_description.json shows the changed direction in the MAPCompassHeading, geotag_process.json shows the unchanged.
Have to test the upload myself, but need to take some pictures for this.

I tested it in different ways:
working: Mapillary
not working Mapillary
In the second time I didn’t use the LEGACY_CAM.gpx

Just tested this commands:

exiftool -overwrite_original -geotag "path_to_gpx_files/*.gpx" -geosync="time_difference" path_to_pictures
mapillary_tools process --advanced --import_path "path_to_pictures" --user_name username --interpolate_direction --offset_angle "offset" --overwrite_EXIF_direction_tag
mapillary_tools upload --import_path "path_to_pictures"

The upload went fine and the directions seem to be ok.

Some notes:

• “path_to_gpx_files/*.gpx” will not work when using two gpx-tracks covering the same time period. Then you have to refer to the exact file corresponding to path_to_pictures
  • I don’t mix syncronising location and interpolating direction in one command. After syncronising locations i check the locations with Geosetter and run the command again whith another time_difference when needed.
  • After direction interpolating with angle offset i check again with Geosetter. Geosetter reads the direction from the EXIF. I don’t know if Mapillary uses the EXIF or the mapillary_image_description.json for internal processing. Whith the older python scripts it was the EXIF, as no other information was given. I will test there further.
  • For this thest i did not check for duplicates. With my old scripts i do this between syncronising location and interpolating the direction.

Sorry for the late reply,

I’m using one camera pointing NORTH and another one pointing EAST of my vehicle. The 2nd camera should be uploaded as -90º offset angle, if I’m not mistaken? Because as per std conventions clockwise is negative, counterclockwise is positive. Am I right? I have done 180º degrees but never (±)90º so I’m a bit confused :smiley: