Upload_with_preprocessing.py not working anymore

I’ve been using this script (from a windows batch file) for about a year now (I think) but for some reason is does not seem to work anymore. I am not aware of any changes I have made (no need, it worked OK), For some reason I now get the following messages but I can nog work out how to resolve this.
I thought that maybe my permission hash had changed but I checked and it had not. I saw that the MAPILLARY_SIGNATURE_HASH had changed (any idea why?) but both the old and the new did not seem te resolve the issue

Any ideas?

Traceback
(most recent call last):

File
“upload_with_preprocessing.py”, line 146, in

upload_token =

get_upload_token(MAPILLARY_EMAIL, MAPILLARY_PASSWORD)

File
“E:\PeeWee\Bewaren\GPS\Mapillary2\lib\uploader.py”, line 136, in
get_upload_token

resp = json.loads(response.read())

File
“C:\Python27\lib\json_init_.py”, line 339, in loads

return _default_decoder.decode(s)

File
“C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py”, line 364, in decode

obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s,

0).end())

File
“C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py”, line 382, in raw_decode

raise ValueError("No JSON object could

be decoded")

ValueError:
No JSON object could be decoded

Press any
key to continue . . .

Have you updated to the latest version? A few days ago the script was updated to use API v2 instead of v1. They may have taken API v1 down which explains the error.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. That seemed to be the problem. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks as always @tryl

1 Like

I have now installed the latest python scripts and can’t upload my photos anymore.
There is a message displayed “no handlers could be found for logger “exifreader””

The command in a batch file is
python upload_with_preprocessing.py --remove_duplicates --cutoff_time 300 --cutoff_distance 500 --auto_done %DIR%

What can I do to solve this?

PS:
I submitted this issue with more info on https://github.com/mapillary/mapillary_issues/issues/2749

I think you did the right thing in submitting an issue. It sounds like a programming error to me.

I noticed the mapillary scripts were a few days older than the latest. I downloaded the latest and run my script again, now with a different error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “d:\foto\Mapillary\scripts\python\upload_with_preprocessing.py”,
line 13, in
from lib.exifedit import create_mapillary_description
File “d:\foto\Mapillary\scripts\python\lib\exifedit.py”, line 11, in
from PIL import Image
ImportError: No module named PIL

What is this module PIL and where can I get it?

I have now installed Pillow-2.7.0.win32-py2.7.exe
Now no import PIL error but again “No handlers could be found for logger “exifread””
:weary: