Suggestions for the apps

Yup! Kamil is working on one as a side project when he has some time over from web. No time estimate though, sorry

I would like a big logo in the about menu.
We often have some explaining to do and it would be handy to show “Mapillary” in big letters.
Or change the name to something that people can remember.

I want plugin to kick Android application “Tasker”.

I use Android smartphone to capture image for Mapillary. I usually use “Distance based capture” mode. It is only function and useful to fill map.

But Android application “Mapillary” has less feature. There is no mean to control exposure and dynamic range. When I take photos in sunny weathre, “Mapillary” adjust the exposure to bright sky. So buildings and road are underexposure.

If “Distance based capture” can kick “Tasker”, Tasker will control Android standard camera application to capture image. It has features such as exposure compensation and HDR+.

And “Tasker” can cooperate with “AutoInput” to control DSLR wifi application. Panasonic Image App, Canon Camera Connect and other applications have a lot of feature to take good image.

Background running ability is also expected.

1 Like

For a period we had exposure compensation in Mapillary, but for some reason it was removed. I miss it a lot, because I get a lot of pictures with nicely exposed clouds and all the good stuff is almost black.

1 Like

We have that on iOS, don’t know about Android sorry.

For the android app, the one that I use, the more that I miss is the zoom option. Then for the exposure compensation I can suggest possibility to move the “horizon(tal) line” up and down and use the center of this line to calculate the exposure.

Then I have some more little features/exchanges to submit to you for evaluation:

• a black theme
  • in the sequences view window (in upload) show also the sequence dimension in MB
  • possibility to manually change app language (I don’t know if other language than english is already present)

@damjang Thanks for your suggestions! I’m taking these to the ideas pool for the team to consider.

A comment on the language is that right now we have different languages available only in the iOS app, while it’s yet to be implemented in the Android app. Stay tuned.

Most suggestions where already made before, but I would like to add two more:

• make profile synchronization, to show the profile picture in the Android app (already added in the iOS, that doesn’t show)

• Add a customizable percentage field in the “Storage \ Free storage limit: \ 30%” because the maximum is 30% and some phones or SD cards are small, so users need to approve more percentage

1 Like

I would love to see an uploader implemented in the apps.
This way you could upload pictures that were taken outside of the mapillary app (with your smartphone) directly from your smartphone. The app should recognize if the pictures have location data in the selection process.

A suggestion:
Across all apps (web view included) a way to show how old footage is. on a sequence. Perhaps by changing the colour or decaying its weight/transparency

This way, you can see a road or path is captured, but could possibly be worth capturing again.

1 Like

For iOS, I’d like to add the option to turn off capture sound (like you can on the Android app). I’m using the phone for navigation as well as Mapillary, so if I turn down the volume to 0, I can no longer hear road directions.

I would like to suggest two more features:

• When uploading, besides showing the number of pictures missing in that slot and how many slots are missing, in some corner show the percentage of the total upload Ex: 10% 50% 70% 100%

• Imagine you want to map your neighborhood or your town, have some feature where you can turn on a GPS that can tell us the streets that are missing, so we can map 100% of our neighborhood. Ex Place a point in the map and say something like, make a circle around for X kms that I want to map. Some users can chose 1Km around their house, others can chose 10kms.

For mobile apps, all platforms.

I would like the option to auto upload all images taken when connected to a pre selected wifi. As an example I would like the app to start (and continue if interrupted) the upload of all my images when I arrive at my house and connect to eg. “My_home_WiFi”.
Also the option to only auto upload if the device is connected to the pre selected wifi AND is connected to a charger.